Engine Management Light - FR 170

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
seems to be a common fault with the **** DPF's on the fr 170's ive had nothing but trouble with mine. been to the dealers already for the regen and exhaust gas pressure sensor renewing at a cost of £155 because its not covered under warranty, what a load of balls that it!!!!! the good thing to do would be to buy the MILLTEK replacement fpr the DPF an then get a remap. thats what im doing
Why did you have to pay? If it's under warranty then surely it's covered?

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007

Agreed- on way to work the car went into limp mode on the M1, with the coil light flashing. Had to have the car recovered to Autoworld Chesterfield were they replaced i(in the same day - a big thanks to them) a pressure sensor on the exhaust - all under warranty so I would double check the reasons they have charged you!

The service guy said it was the faulty sensor that had been throwing up the engine management light.

The car now seems a little more responsive.:D

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Agreed- on way to work the car went into limp mode on the M1, with the coil light flashing. Had to have the car recovered to Autoworld Chesterfield were they replaced i(in the same day - a big thanks to them) a pressure sensor on the exhaust - all under warranty so I would double check the reasons they have charged you!

The service guy said it was the faulty sensor that had been throwing up the engine management light.

The car now seems a little more responsive.:D

luckily mine was fine just the light but again had sensor changed free under warranty

Nocturnity

Sorry to drift off-topic - but I've just had my 20k service done - on the sheet thing that I got back from the dealer - everything passed but there was a 'warning' next to the engine management?

I haven't had a light come on, but recently had my faulty DPF replaced...Anyone know why the dealer thinks my Engine Management isn't doing too well?

Caerchris

1st post....

I am glad there are others out there getting the same problem! Mine was in 6 times in October/November last year and kept getting fobbed off with "its a common problem", its gone back in again today and Seat will only offer me a Kia Picanto as a courtesy car.....to be honest, I cannot wait to get rid of it, its a company car though, so have another year left.....HARD TIMES!!!

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS

my car has still a years warranty left but becase the DPF ( diesel particle filter )
is classed as a filter its not covered under warranty for the regeneration process. i argued with the bloke at seat but it didn't get me anywhere. he said its the manufacturers that wont cover them because they fail purely because of how the customer drives the car.
i.e if you do allot of city driving like me then your DPF will clogg up more than say someone who does motorway/urban driving allot whitch will self clean the DPF better.
it all sounded a bit dodgy to me but thats just how it is.
so now you all know, DPF regen isn't covered[:@]

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
my car has still a years warranty left but becase the DPF ( diesel particle filter )
is classed as a filter its not covered under warranty for the regeneration process. i argued with the bloke at seat but it didn't get me anywhere. he said its the manufacturers that wont cover them because they fail purely because of how the customer drives the car.
i.e if you do allot of city driving like me then your DPF will clogg up more than say someone who does motorway/urban driving allot whitch will self clean the DPF better.
it all sounded a bit dodgy to me but thats just how it is.
so now you all know, DPF regen isn't covered[:@]

as far as I'm aware unless you ignore the dpf lights and don't attempt to clear then you are still covered for regen. If you had argued that you did everything by the book how could they possibly say it wasn't covered, I would have counter argued that they had to prove it was down to driving style.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Just to let you guys know my leon fr has been in the seat garage for 8 days now. Engine management fault. But thing is they dont know how to fix it as of yet. Crazy stuff. They had to send all the info to seat technical who have come back and say replace the fuel injectors one by one and see if that will start the car. If not its osmething else. Fed up now.

Driving a new seat Ibiza 1.4 coupe in lime green, not good for my image and very slow.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Yeah but is the price you quote just for the dpf cheap?

Dont think the remap will cost £400?

P-Torque are doing DPF delete and remap for £700 or so, Custom Code is closer to £1000

have you had the dpf and remap done?

I am in st helens too not seen you about tho. My car is still in garage tho

I'm not going to get it done until i'm out of warranty or if my DPF fails

I think i know where you are, i've seen the Green Ibiza lately where there's usually a Black FR!

I work in Bold

Goose17

You will need a re wire, mine has been into dealer about 15 times in a year. Had all sorts of sensors replaced, all to no avail. Dealer suggested a re wire - both Audi and VW have had recalls on this problem. Re wire fixes the problem

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.