Bluefin ordered at last

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Exactly! Will be a good marketing point from a tuners point of view, and also for those thinking of getting a remap they can see the REAL difference it makes and not just figures

Poverty

But it would show what gains are made over standard in the metal......NOT just on paper.....

people who have had theirs mapped will already know this though :shrug:

Its not a understatement when people say it completely transforms the car. [B)]

stage 1 takes it from being quicker than a astra vxr to it being quicker than the new focus rs.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
By the way, perhaps a bit random and off topic, but there is nothing between a Stage 2+ GIAC car and a Stage 2+ Revo car :)

wheelwright

Nov 28, 2002
Birmingham
Visit site
people who have had theirs mapped will already know this though :shrug:

Its not a understatement when people say it completely transforms the car. [B)]

stage 1 takes it from being quicker than a astra vxr to it being quicker than the new focus rs.

So where's the harm in putting each car side by side for the dudes that haven't yet remapped??

Nice to see 300bhp + figures BUT is it usable? Does it make that much difference over stock?

Its ok to say ye it gives a good kick in the back but that means nothing, side by side is the only true account of performance gain.

So i say shoot off between stock and ALL mapped cars..........winner takes all????(or should that be tunner) ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
So in the "real" world what will a Cupra with bluefin actually gain HP wise, but more importantly what will the performance gain be, ie 0- 60 time and or will it improve top end?

Thanks.

When I bought my Bluefin the only issue I had was the power delivery coming in a 4k rpm (which I then found out was normal). When talking to the chaps at superchips about this they said they had a cupra on the rollers a few days earlier and was registering around 310bhp (with a Bluefin remap).

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
When talking to the chaps at superchips about this they said they had a cupra on the rollers a few days earlier and was registering around 310bhp (with a Bluefin remap).

Which map was it running? Stage 1,2 or 3? And did they give you any hint of other mods it had?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
When I bought my Bluefin the only issue I had was the power delivery coming in a 4k rpm (which I then found out was normal). When talking to the chaps at superchips about this they said they had a cupra on the rollers a few days earlier and was registering around 310bhp (with a Bluefin remap).

Dyno dependant of course :)

kev2477

when i initially made enquires about bluefin, superchips informed me they were getting good results with the mk2 cupra around the 300 mark

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Superchips claim 294bhp with remap alone as seen here

With their "stage 2", this increases to 321bhp, although it does not detail which parts are required. Details here. One would assume an intake and exhaust, and possibly fuel pump.

With their "Stage 3", this increases to 337bhp as seen here, although again, it does not detail what parts are required. One would assume, intercooler, fuel pump, intake & exhaust.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
what stage map was Owen running?

GIAC map only. His was one of the first to have it installed. Funnily though, on the day with regards to times and speeds, my car made 14.3 @ 101.2mph, and Owens made 14.2 @ 102.5 as memory serves.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
GIAC map only. His was one of the first to have it installed. Funnily though, on the day with regards to times and speeds, my car made 14.3 @ 101.2mph, and Owens made 14.2 @ 102.5 as memory serves.

So that shows there is no real difference in a 1/4 mile,

Al

Aug 29, 2005
So that shows there is no real difference in a 1/4 mile,

I would not say that to be fair. I had a few more runs on the day than Owen, therefore bettered my time as the day progressed. Owen took off after just a few runs. I have no doubt whatsoever that Owen would have been quicker with more runs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.