Why are my revs holding

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Really starting to bug me this now:

When the car has warmed up the revs hold for a few seconds between gear changes and when stopping to idle can take a while to reach idle RPM.

What the hell causes this?

When changing gear it's as if i'm not taking my foot off the gas properly so gear changes feel really s*it - but its not that...

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Must be the throttle that doesn't close off immediately.Mine's a bit like that but you do get used to it.Honestly.

Maybe...

Can't say i noticed it when i first got the car, now i've got the car mapped, Milltek etc so it may have something to do with the mods :confused:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Really starting to bug me this now:

When the car has warmed up the revs hold for a few seconds between gear changes and when stopping to idle can take a while to reach idle RPM.

What the hell causes this?

When changing gear it's as if i'm not taking my foot off the gas properly so gear changes feel really s*it - but its not that...

pretty sure mine doesnt do this its just the same as when standard i mean it doesnt drop like a stone but certainly doesnt hold for a few seconds when changing gear, mind you it doesnt take me a few seconds to change gear:lol:.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
pretty sure mine doesnt do this its just the same as when standard i mean it doesnt drop like a stone but certainly doesnt hold for a few seconds when changing gear, mind you it doesnt take me a few seconds to change gear:lol:.

Ye maybe a few seconds is a bit exagerated, definatly feels like there is part throttle on though when i hit the next gear :cry:

Heff27

I had a Milltek Fitted to my last Car a Renault Megane R26, and that held its revs and was slow to tail off, I think its to do the with back pressure from the uprated exhaust

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
I had a Milltek Fitted to my last Car a Renault Megane R26, and that held its revs and was slow to tail off, I think its to do the with back pressure from the uprated exhaust

I have thought it could be something to do with that, though with less back pressure wouldn't the revs drop off quicker :confused:

Heff27

In not sure why...., but me and my mate had identical R26, same RS-Tuning MAP the only difference was the exhaust mine was Full Milltek and he had backbox removed, and mine held Revs for longer.

But was faster :)

I dont think anything is wrong..... just a charactistic