Cupra R "mud flaps"

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
Hi,

I am looking for part number of this mud flaps ... any idea how they are mounted ?

thanks,
Peter

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I think it's part of the wheel arch lining. I didn't take a close look when we were with the car as I think I only noticed it when we got back and I saw it in the photos. I don't know if either of the Marks had a closer look.

Scott

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
If you look at the other pics you guys took, there don't appear to be mud flaps fitted. However, surely the standard flaps will fit on the rear anyway as the did fine on my FR (unless the facelift rear bumper FR/Cupra/Cupra R screws are in a different place)?

Of course with skirts the fronts don't fit.

chisel

Jan 15, 2006
Hi.

I mean the plastyk element pointed with arrow next to the bumper, but it is not a part of bumper. I saw yesterday R live and this is a peace coming out from plastic wheel arch! I drive
LC MY10 and I don't have this small "mud flap".
Do you think it is connected with plastyk wheel arch ?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
If you look at the other pics you guys took, there don't appear to be mud flaps fitted. However, surely the standard flaps will fit on the rear anyway as the did fine on my FR (unless the facelift rear bumper FR/Cupra/Cupra R screws are in a different place)?

Of course with skirts the fronts don't fit.

No there weren't mud flaps fitted. I think this is a lip that comes out of the wheel arch.

I would imagine the mud flaps would still fit. Best to check with the dealer when all the parts are on the system (which they probably are by now)

Scott

J0n3

Nov 29, 2009
I have Cupra R (2010) European spec and it has those little "mudflaps". I'm not sure what they do :D It may prevent some of the dirt from wheels getting onto the boot area, just a guess...:shrug:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Ive been talking to Dave @ SERE About them hes ordering me some should arrive in next few days

To see if they can be retro fitted to Pre-Facelift

Me and Dude had a look at them on his its not obvious how they are attached

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Iv been looking at these for a while now as iv seen them on a few mk2 R's and also thinking of retro fitting. From what i saw at a dealers they seem to be attached behind the wheel arch lining

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh i was expecting them to be screwed into the arch liner or something but they didnt seem to be, ETKA doesnt show how they attach either. all will be revealed when i get mine in next few days

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Yeh i was expecting them to be screwed into the arch liner or something but they didnt seem to be, ETKA doesnt show how they attach either. all will be revealed when i get mine in next few days

How much did they cost you, if you dont mind me asking?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
There not UK Stock so theve been ordered from SEAT Spain

£4 each was the listed price for them

When they arrive will see how they attach and if its possible to retro fit i will post pics

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.