Cupra R "mud flaps"

Deleted member 53697

its an aerofoil fitted to the wheel arche with one or two screws. It supposed to deflect wind and stones or something...
I had them on the roc, pretty nice

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Here they are

P1010706.jpg

P1010705.jpg

Ideas? really need to see how they attach on a R now, Need to see if a local chap with his R is around soon

fireblade929

Jul 11, 2010
Cleethorpes
I was told today that these have nothing to do with keeping the car clean or airflow around the car etc, but are only there because the wheels on the cupra r stick out further from the car and this is a way of getting round legislation ( mot etc) without changing the body shape, is this true?

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
I was told today that these have nothing to do with keeping the car clean or airflow around the car etc, but are only there because the wheels on the cupra r stick out further from the car and this is a way of getting round legislation ( mot etc) without changing the body shape, is this true?

Totally true. Its for wheel coverage regs when the OEM's submit the vehicles for type approval.

Wellsy

GTI ED35
Feb 8, 2010
Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
That makes sense, if the wheels stick out further than the arch's then they won't pass type approval. Cue plastic bits of bodywork, as the arch, or at least part of it needs to be wider than the wheels.

However, I don't think that's the reason here for 2 reasons, one is that the wheels don't stick out further than the arch's, and there's muck trails where the water from being on the motorway has seeped out of the arches off the wheels and then run to the back of the car on mine.

Looks like it's to keep things clean to me!

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
hmmm... seems like the sort of thing i would waste my money on.

and just fyi the normal mudflaps can fit on the R diffuser bit at the back as its not the Btcc rear bumper.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The mudflaps would not attach to the diffuser though bud - just the bumper itself. The diffuser fits to the bumper the same as mudflaps would :)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
ha ha, thats not exactly what i meant.

What i meant to say was that if you go for the Cupra R diffuser instead of the Btcc kit on the rear, the mudflaps will fit as its the same bumper...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The above parts wernt right!

Dave @ SERE is looking into it as he doesn’t want it to beat him but so far ETKA doesnt list them

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
AndrewJB,

What about this for an idea, if someone who is on the forum and has a Cupra R can look at their 'mudflaps' there should be a part number printed on them somewhere?

Worth a shot.

Dude,

Could you check you mudflaps for us and see if there is a part number please :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.