Does the Leon mk2 have brake wear sensors?

• Thread starter Deleted member 74601
  • Start date

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I think you're mistaken. All Leons are shown having sensors on the front but not on the back. It shows 'with sensors' for all disc sizes.

My cupra doesn't have sensors either and I changed my pads recently so know this for a fact, unless it's only the newer ones which have them?

Cupra Ultimate

Dec 15, 2016
brake pads wear indicator

My cupra doesn't have sensors either and I changed my pads recently so know this for a fact, unless it's only the newer ones which have them?

Hello i have a seat leon cupra r 2010 and recently changed my brake pads and i neither had the brake pad sensor cable. is this common that some has and some none.

Darbo

May 24, 2015
My 2007 pre fl fr doesn't have the sensor, just cut the wire off the pad, they still fit fine.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
It is a very simple sensor. There is a wire embedded in the pad which wears through as the pad wears down. When the wire wears all the way through, the sensor tells the dashboard computer 'I'm broken'. Nothing complicated. And of course, it won't tell you anything about disk wear, which is checked by measuring how thin the disks are face-to-face, not something that is easily done in-car. Not impossible, mind you, just not cheap...

I think I have pics somewhere around of these things in new and worn state. Not a lot to see, mind.

Also, worth keeping the lead from a worn pad, then if you should decide to go for aftermarket pads that don't have sensors you can just join in to out on the old lead and plug it in to keep the dash happy.

charisk123

Dec 7, 2015
Cyprus
OLD Post but just to confirm. I have a Leon Cupra mk2 1p 2010 177kw. IT DOES NOT have wear indicator. Just needed to cut the wire from the new pads to install it. Cheers