Installing Fan washers

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Doubt it, do VAG offer a warm air recirculation feature after the engine is turned off? My Beemer has this, you can press a button on the heater controls and it will keep the blowers on and continue to circulate the warm water in the heater matrix after the ignition is turned off so the cabin continues to get warm air for 10-15 minutes after leaving it, ideal when you're only stopping for a short time before jumping back in.

Yes, I'm aware about this function in E39, had two of them(540i manual:drive2: and 528iA). "REST" function right?

It's strange because Seat Owner's Book doesn't list this option.

Last edited:

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Just changed mine today. So simple to change over and no need for any tools. Has to be the easiest mod I have ever done. The fan washers work so much better!

GRECIANITE

Nov 1, 2014
I collected my car on Saturday, sprayed my windscreen wash today and it was fan already. Is that because it's now standard, or do I just have a good dealer?!

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
A good dealer. I picked my car a month ago, three line spays are in. Alerady bought this sprays washers, waiting for delivery.

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
Yep fancy a set as well, can we assume if the car has no winter pack then the washers aren't heated, or best of removing and checking first before ordering new ones?

I didn't have winter pack but had heated jets so best to check 1st!

Being a bit of a noob here but how do I check? I'm assuming just checking for a wiring loom that connects not just a washer pipe? I don't have the winter pack, but I will still check! If they are heated is there a heated fan option available? And where's best to buy them? Sorry for all the questions :D Thanks!

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Thanks Chris, reckon I'll check just in case!

Tommy, somewhere In This thread someone has posted a pic of both types, like you say one has a loom and plug going in and the other doesn't. The heated jet is quite a bit chunkier too.

Last edited:

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
Thanks Chris, reckon I'll check just in case!

Tommy, somewhere In This thread someone has posted a pic of both types, like you say one has a loom and plug going in and the other doesn't. The heated jet is quite a bit chunkier too.

On my way to the dealership today I used my washers for the first time and I already have the heated fan washers installed :D one less thing to do on my to-do list :D

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai
Looks like a great mod... I was disopointed when I took delivery of my new seat leon 14 plate and it had the pistol spray jets....

Will look into this mod very soon