Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
As per the tittle - seat dealers will now carry out a repair to rid the G201 brake pressure sensor fault completely FREE OF CHARGE!

All you need do is book it in for them to confirm the fault is present via the light showing and a diagnostic scan and they have the parts in stock, that's it!

No service history or proof of ownership is required.

As far as I'm aware this is Seat only at the moment .

Thought I'd share my insider knowledge.

So before you get stung my your local garage it might just be worth a call from your local dealer to benefit from:

Free diagnostic scan
Free repair
Free brake fluid change
Free wash & Vac

Enjoy :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
If people are unaware of the symptom it's the ESP/TCS light being perminently illuminated on the dash and the loss of the ability to activate/deactivate said system.

The fault can be confirmed via a code read of the ABS control module and should have:

"01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Electrical Fault in Circuit"

Logged. No other faults are covered.

Models affected within the seat range are:

Mk2 Leon 2005-2009 (excludes facelift)
Mk3 Toledos (all)
Altea 2004-2009 (including XL & Freetrack, excludes facelift)

This issue is also rife throughout the other 3 brands as well as BMW, Mazda, Ford, Volvo and others but I am unclear on the intentions of those manufacturers with regards to their repair procedure.

The fault DOES NOT affect the ABS or brakes but will cause the vehicle to fail MOT if the light is on during the test.

It takes about 2 hours to complete the job.

It's also worth a mention that Alhambras also have a G201 brake pressure sensor but these are NOT fitted within the pump and are instead located under the master cylinder.

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
I believe Audi and VW are changing them but Skoda aren't - at the moment. (which is unusual for Skoda as they always get top marks for customer service)

This can happen to anyone/anycar. The Tourans were first to suffer, it was thought becasue the typical Touran driver probably never uses the ABS or ESP in their sedate driving.
I've changed my brake fluid every 2 years (proper VW stuff) and bled ABS pump/system correctly (it does come out blackish from pump) and I drive car enthusiastically (have 345mm Brembos up front) and it still faulted.

Last edited:

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Hi
The dreaded light came on for me on Friday (08 Leon) and as its booked in for a service on the 24th at the dealer I thought I would quiz them over it.

They said they can't be sure until they see the car (fair enough) but I thought a call to SEAT might help.

The reply I got from the, not very knowledgeable or helpful, assistant was they know nothing about this problem...

So when I take my car for service I will take a printout of this forum and hope for the best :)

Paul

drummer.gavin

Feb 11, 2009
Dublin
Hi
The dreaded light came on for me on Friday (08 Leon) and as its booked in for a service on the 24th at the dealer I thought I would quiz them over it.

They said they can't be sure until they see the car (fair enough) but I thought a call to SEAT might help.

The reply I got from the, not very knowledgeable or helpful, assistant was they know nothing about this problem...

So when I take my car for service I will take a printout of this forum and hope for the best :)

Paul

I don't mean to sound wrong or in any way against this forum but when I had problems with my Altea which were openly discussed by various folks on here with regards to DPF/EGR issues, Seat Ireland didn't want to know about seatcupra.net as they don't see it as being an official Seat site. I had even referenced briskoda as it was all relating to the VW PD170 BMN Engine and they weren't interested in knowing so I don't know if a print out will help you win any battles nor do I think that was ever the intended purpose for this forum.

Just my two cents, I hope it works for you!

Gav

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Thanks Gav

It was just to make them aware that there is a known problem that's all. Like I said they completely denied there being any problems.

Paul

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
It sounds like you had a useles Seat rep on the phone. Mine was done for free on a 9 year old car with no official service history. As long as th correct fault code comes up it should be done. Seat are well aware of this problem. Just call TPS (?) the VAG spares supplier and see how many Teves 60 units they have in stock. Like the weak BKD tubo.

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Yeah, she was pretty useless and I explained the fault very clearly.

It's good to hear that they recognise the fault and as my car is just coming up to 6 years old with 53k, and FSH then hopefully they will do the same for me.

Thanks

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Thanks, if it does end up costing I will make a big stink and take it further.

Out of all of the cars I have owned the garage have always been great (yes really!) so I will let you know the outcome on the 25th :)

Paul

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Ok, sorry for the delay in posting but it has been a long story....

24th April - car in for service and check on the fault. Reply from SEAT UK - 0% goodwill payment. Dealer challenged this and showed me the emails to Charlotte at SEAT UK. Basically, only 6 weeks earlier they had another customer who was given the repair for free. He also opened the bulletin from 2012 showing that there was a problem and to repair for free. He told me to wait 72 hours before screaming and shouting to SEAT.

28th April (11am) - dealer contacted me to explain that following his emails they would now offer me 40% goodwill (still almost a £300 cost). I refused this and the dealer agreed and had already challenged yet again.

28th April (2pm) - contacted yet again by the dealer who gave the good news that they would now offer 100% goodwill and my car was booked in for the following Thursday.

1st May - arrived at the dealership and was shown all of the email contact and the final one quoted a bulletin from 2011 saying only 50% goodwill. He assured me that this was out of date and the FREE repair was taking place.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible to ensure anyone with the same problem gets a free repair.

I also have to give a mention to Mike at IMG in Warrington who wasn't taking no for an answer :clap:

A point worth noting, I think SEAT will try everything to wriggle out of a free repair. They asked about brand loyalty, service history etc. even though my 08 car only has 53k. Be warned!

Paul

Last edited: