Highline cluster coding

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
How hard a job is it to but the large MFD clocks in? I also have the small ( under the temp&fuel gauge ) screen & have wondered about doing the upgrade...how does it work with your mileage on your current clocks? Do you need new car keys ( is there an immobiliser in the clock set ) which would require either new keys or recoding im guessing?

Sorry for all the questions. ...

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The immobilizer lives within the cluster. if you intend to fit an mfd cluster it needs to be compatible with your vehicle i.e around the same year of manufacture with the same immo.

once you have the correct cluster you will need either both pin codes for the clusters or software capable of reading and writing the immo data into the new cluster.

if you use the pins and vcds then you'll also need both keys present, the old cluster is then unusable.

if you use the immo dump then both the new and old clusters will be plug and play as you've effectively just cloned them and you can swap them around as you see fit.

the milage can be adjusted using the same software for pin code reading or the immo dumps.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
The immobilizer lives within the cluster. if you intend to fit an mfd cluster it needs to be compatible with your vehicle i.e around the same year of manufacture with the same immo.

once you have the correct cluster you will need either both pin codes for the clusters or software capable of reading and writing the immo data into the new cluster.

if you use the pins and vcds then you'll also need both keys present, the old cluster is then unusable.

if you use the immo dump then both the new and old clusters will be plug and play as you've effectively just cloned them and you can swap them around as you see fit.

the milage can be adjusted using the same software for pin code reading or the immo dumps.

I see ( or more to the point that sounds complicated & above my car modding skill set ) I would like to do it thou..

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I had 2006 clocks fitted to my 2008 Leon so can confirm that swap should work. Eddie-NL did the coding for me, I don't think he's on this forum but he frequents Briskoda and quite a few of the VW boards.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Oh, just needs the angle sensor re-calibrating. They'll all go out and the beeping stop once this is done.
It'll have to be a forced calibration. Turning the wheel lock to lock won't usually do it.