Copa - What does it mean in terms of equipment?!

NewShoes

Jan 20, 2015
Hey,

New to the forum as I'm 99% sure I will be buying a Seat Leon in the very near future (Sadly just a 2011 1.2 TSI, no an FR!).

My question is, which I have been unable to find on the internet, what exactly does the "copa" mean in terms of equipment/spec? I have read that it includes cruise control and Bluetooth as well as a slightly different upholstery on the seats. Can anyone confirm? I did ask in a Seat garage but the salesman didn't seem at all sure.

Cheers,
-NS

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
:D

"It's hard to argue with the Copa's value proposition. The Copa S model builds on the decent specification of the Leon S, adding dual-zone climate control, Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity, front seat height and lumbar adjustment, cruise control and some bespoke Copa upholstery. Plump for the Copa SE and this features rear parking sensors, light and rain sensors, an auto-dimming rear view mirror, that custom Copa fabric and SEAT's Media System. The media system is almost worth springing the extra for alone. It bundles up not only a very slick touch screen satellite navigation technology with 3D mapping but also dynamic route guidance, an SD card slot for MP3 playback, DAB radio tuner and Bluetooth audio streaming connectivity SEAT. Given that SEAT is offering this little lot at exactly the same list prices as the Leon S and SE models respectively, the canny among you will have figured out that there may well be some decent discounts offered on non-Copa models. Either way, you're set for a very good deal, with prices opening at £16,180 for the 1.2 TSI Copa S. The diesel also adds the option of the DSG twin-clutch gearbox." RAC website

Last edited:

NewShoes

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for the reply Graham. That is actually the article I had read but when I was sitting in a 1.2 TSI Copa at the weekend, the salesman said there was no Bluetooth and proceeded to show me the absence of any Bluetooth option in the car's computer (MFA maybe?).

Was this guy just clueless or are there any variations in the Copa models (apart from the obvious S and SE).

NewShoes

Jan 20, 2015
Great thanks. Seems like if should defo come with Bluetooth then!

On another note, I noticed it has a USB and AUX connections. Do you know if it's possible to play MP3s through this USB connection? Or is it simply a charging point for ipods and the like.

Cheers

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I believe you should be able to play mp3, however I had an ipod dock which plugged into the usb and aux simultaneously, one for control and one for sound.

NewShoes

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for your help Graham. Ideally I'd just like to play music off a us flash drive. Fingers crossed you can!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
easiest thing to notice is the smaller wing mirrors on the pre-fl, but i still say there is no prefl copa, and certainly not in the engine youre going for.