New Air Filter

Ben Stoke

Nov 29, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
I've been looking at the Pipercross filters and I've some people saying that they need to be oiled and others saying that they don't need to be oiled.

So does anyone know what I should do before I buy one? Oil or no oil??

Thanks

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Pipercross used to supply their filters with a can of spray to keep it lubricated. I used to give it a spray every now and then and it was fine. What model Leon is it for?

Ben Stoke

Nov 29, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Just had a look else where on the internet and people have said that the MAF should be alright as long as the filters not smothered in oil so I'm going get one and skim it with oil I think

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
I just installed a pipercross this evening, absolute ballache to fit. It came pre-oiled, any more would be over-oiling it, I'd say.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
You only need to re-oil the filter after you give it clean. It should come pre-oiled.
You need that oil to work in conjunction with the filter to trap particles.

These sort of intakes killed 2 MAFs on my old HDi so I stopped using them as they are pretty pointless on a derv anyhoo

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I really want to fit a stupid cone filter on my PD170. I know the standard airbox is better than anything but it would purely be for noise. Just don't want to fork out £150 for a K&N kit as the universal ones don't have anywhere to connect all the hoses to.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.