Leon FR TFSI. Possible buy

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Hi, i'm new to this forum as you can see, i found it when i was looking for info about the Leon and i thought this could be a good place to ask for help. Im from portugal btw.

So I've been looking for my first car for several months, endless visits to every car dealer that exists here and no luck. Until a week ago I saw a Leon FR TFSI and I fell in love with it. It looks so agressive and fast its impossible not like this car.

The car is on a Seat dealer, so it's a plus, from 2007, it has almost 24.850 miles. I never managed to take a closer look to it because the 2 times I went there the dealer was already closed. :rolleyes:

So I wanted to know what do you think of the car, common problems, maintenance costs and consumption.

I know it's overkill as it is my first car but I really like it, the only problem is convicing my dad to buy it. He likes the car too but he says the car will "drink" too much and because of the gasoline cost, it will stay more time in the garage than driving, I somehow agree with him but at the same time I dont care. :shrug:

Thank you.

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
how much is the car.

i promise you this, these car wont drink a lot of petrol until you drive it fast. Around town and light on the accelerator pedal these cars are so surprising with fuel. Now the petrol prices are coming down its great.

common problems.

split divertor valve - 60/80 pounds to fix and its that easy you could do it yourself. trust me i have no mechanical knowledge and did it.
cam follower wear - coulple of quid for the cam follower, i changed this myself. loads of how to threads on here.
injector one rusty - new injectors 80/100 pound for a set of 4, again these are so easy to change you may as well do the spark plugs too
keep an eye on your oil, this is a must because the tsfi engines love it, i always keep some in the boot.

apart from that. i swear to god these cars go forever and you wont regret it.

Last edited:

Stakeknife

Jan 3, 2014
Had my FR a year now with a Bluefin map on too. I've averaged about 24mpg with pretty much zero motorway miles, but I don't drive it much so when I do its for the fun factor. I could achieve more if I want to but I don't ha.

As above, I have changed the diverter valve (was still in good order), cam follower (just about wore through the paint) and coilpack (again rusty).
Cars done 55k, 50k when I bought it.

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
With all those problems it could be possible that they could already be fixed by its previous owner, or not?

One thing that puzzles me is why someone buy this beast and sell it with only 24.800 miles on it.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
With all those problems could it be possible that they are already fixed by its previous owner, or not?

One thing that puzzles me is why someone buy this beast and sell it with only 24.800 miles on it.

Many reasons, just fancied a change perhaps - new Cupra just out?

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
With all those problems it could be possible that they could already be fixed by its previous owner, or not?

This low mileage is interesting!!! I got my car in similar condition and it was dealers DEMO car.
Check out Yours FR history

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
how much is the car.

i promise you this, these car wont drink a lot of petrol until you drive it fast. Around town and light on the accelerator pedal these cars are so surprising with fuel. Now the petrol prices are coming down its great.

common problems.

split divertor valve - 60/80 pounds to fix and its that easy you could do it yourself. trust me i have no mechanical knowledge and did it.
cam follower wear - coulple of quid for the cam follower, i changed this myself. loads of how to threads on here.
injector one rusty - new injectors 80/100 pound for a set of 4, again these are so easy to change you may as well do the spark plugs too
keep an eye on your oil, this is a must because the tsfi engines love it, i always keep some in the boot.

apart from that. i swear to god these cars go forever and you wont regret it.

^^^^ this.

I check my oil every 1000 miles without fail. If you do short journeys without getting up to temperature I find the oils goes quicker than if you do longer journeys and the engine warms up.

I do a mix of driving and average around 28mpg. I do like to give it the beans every so often. I am remapped to 247bhp on a stage 1 bluefin

a22tenc

Jan 21, 2015
Seems like the car was sold today. :( My dad said the car was not there anymore and the ad is not on the website too.

Thats what I call "luck".

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise