1.4 TSI Leon - Spec Like Golf Match Not GT

steadydriver

Jan 24, 2015
Hi

Soon I'm going to get rid of my BMW 1 Series 2006 120i Sport as the ride is just too harsh.

I've looked at the Golf TSI Match but think the Leon looks better and still has the 1.4 TSI Engine. However what I can't work out is

1) Which Leon 1.4 TSI Trim Level comes with the most luxury items so that its like the Golf Match rather than Sporty (i.e. I don't want the Cupra Sport) as I don't want Low hard Suspension?

2)What's the difference between the Leon Mk 2 Pre 2010 face lift and post 2010 facelift?

Any Help Would be appreciated

Thanks

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
I have a mk2 leon 1.4Tsi sport....off the top of my head mine has....

Dual zone climate control
Heated folding mirrors
Bluetooth with voice control (highline MFD)
Cruise control
17 inch Alloys
Rear parking sensors
Auto dimming rear view mirror.

I upgraded the standard head unit to an RNS-510 which gave me Sat - nav too.....an easy upgrade to do if you want to shell out on an RNS unit.

dunno what the standard spec is on the golf match, just compare the above to it......

Ride is firm enough but not too harsh IMO.

As far as I can make out the difference between pre facelift & post facelift is revisions to the boot hatch, front & rear bumpers & a few minor interior tweeks

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
We had a 1.4 Reference Sport pre f/l ( one of the first when the 1.4 tsi was released) The ride was bone hard, harder than the f/l FR that followed it, the interior was nowt special - although the seats were nice- from memory it didn't have Bluetooth, folding mirrors, or climate control just manual aircon. Didn't have parking sensors either, sure that not long after we had ours ( 08 plate) they upgraded spec and added some goodies. Do remember that it was a cracking drive with a revvy peach of an engine :D

steadydriver

Jan 24, 2015
Thanks

Definitely want a 1.4 TSI as don't do loads of millage but want a resonerable quick engine.

Has anybody had the 2010+ TSI SE as I'm hoping this is the one with smoother suspension?

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.