Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Ben.

Jan 18, 2016
South Ayrshire
Just got my auto lights/wipers working. Guide on here worked a treat, thanks!

I did use a different sensor number than the one listed and it works.

Edit:

Used sensor part no. 8U0 955 559 B (Car is showing it as a RLFS)

The sensor that came out my car was 8U0 955 559, was surprised that the similar part number would work but it did so happy days.

Coming home/leaving home also now active.

Last edited:

Smentalist

Feb 6, 2017
Hi everyone, great guide this and I just finished the VCDS coding this evening. Everything's seems ok except for leaving home isn't activating when I unlock the car. I've double checked the settings from adaptation and they are correct. Come home works fine and my switch is set to Auto. I also set the option in car - lights to 30 seconds on both.

Anyone have any ideas or things I can try please? Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Smentalist

Feb 6, 2017
Just tried this after leaving the car a couple of hours and it's working now. Is there some kind of delay before leaving home activates?

Cheers

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Hi Guys - newbie on here -with a story I wont bore you with. Long and short - just replaced my 14 plate FR with a new MY16 - but 17 reg FR in black with my dream of the sport styling pack.Only to find out the convenience pack is missing ! my fault - ish ! So trying to retrofit rain sensing and auto lights and CH/LH lights - relly miss them from my old one ! Wish Id never sold it now ! Anyway - followed all the above - with all the parts to fit - and VCDS coding - And I keep getting a fault on the dash with ' turn rear fog light off ' and light fault .
Ive only just done this tonight as the parts came in -but thought Id post this up incase anyone has the same experience and an idea what may be wrong -Great site by the way - Another reason to stay up late at night !

Smentalist

Feb 6, 2017
Never had that issue with mine. I'd suggest checking the diagnostic in vcds. Also make sure you changed everything correctly. It's easy to get one of those bits wrong in the final steps as it's all in german. Made my eyes bleed trying to read it all on a small laptop screen.

Failing all that maybe the switch is faulty? Would be good if you can try it on another car.

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Thanks for the reply.Just in from work - time to go and plug in ! Ill check all the VCDS coding but Im pretty sure its all good. As for the switch - I have a friend with a 65 plate so Ill try the swapover( I did get mine from a breakers but it is the right part number ! ).
Ill also take a 'swab' from their coding and see whats occuring !
The only thing on this vehicle is it has a trailer pack installed ( no tow bar - but a module for lights and reversing sensors being inactive when towing ) . Maybe this has something to do with it ?
Anyway - Im off to confirm the codes are right first and see what happens !
Cheers for now ! :):)

csx

Mar 13, 2017
Well - checked all the VCDS coding and adaptation and all is as should be.
Still have a light switch error ! - If I clear all DTCs and put my old switch in - all is ok -which is weird as its missing the auto position - and the coming home ' flick of the main beam stalk ' is disabled - as I would expect it to be if coded for auto coming home.
Ill have to wait to try the different switch till tomorrow - but very odd if its worked for you guys and Im having trouble- maybe it is the trailer module thats making it tough ! :confused:

csx

Mar 13, 2017
you never know !

Well - as the old saying goes - be aware of what you buy !
Ive just tested this with a light switch from my friends 'auto' position light switch -and it works like a dream for CH/LH lights.
Really odd though - part numbers are identical - one made week 36 /2015 made in CZ ( the one that doesnt work ! ) the working one made week 15 of 2015 made in spain works perfectly .
Anyone had any previous experience with this ? I know the older mk2s and golfs changed there wiring - but at such a late build date ?? seems odd? or maybe i just got a busted one !
But maybe it helps someone - not all part numbers work the same ! :)

** Just a quick update **
Replaced the switch with another one - same coding CZ - and all works a treat - must have just been a duff switch ! Hey ho ! Lesson learned !

Last edited:

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
How much anti-clockwise force does the mirror need?
I have got to the attached picture, the main body is solid metal and does look like it can rotate but I'm scared of cracking the windscreen (I assume the bit it is attached to is just glued to the screen).
Is it proper full strength force to twist it off?
Thanks to all for this thread by the way.
edit: ah, the picture doesn't work - sorry, try h t t p://imgur.com/a/2WUkL
88BM8xn87mAYRo9GA

Last edited:

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
Hi all just did it!! Wipers work automatically but not exist as an option on car settings to enable or disable them i did all the steps mentioned. Maybe i need to do a reset on the infotainment system??
I just spent more time than is healthy and eventually got the menu items to appear on the car / mirrors and wipers menu using OBDeleven:

ICU 5F \ Adaptation \ Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 \ menu_display_wiper = activated
ICU 5F \ Adaptation \ Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 \ menu_display_wiper_over_threshold_high = activated

And
ICU 5F \ Adaptation \ Car_Function_List_BAP_gen2 \ wiper_comfort_0x0C = activated

(adapted from this: w w w.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4719957&postcount=520)

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
I can get the menu item for auto close windows in rain but it doesn't seem to work with the RLHS I fitted (Part No. 5Q0 955 547 B). It seems this function maybe doesnt work for the newer sensors but would be willing to try other coding if anybody out there has managed to get this working.

Codes used:

Close windows to detect rain
If you leave the car with the windows down and starts to rain, the car automatically closes the windows
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Access Control 2
4 - Sub - ein aus Regenschliessen
6 - Change value to Active
7 - Sub - Menuesteuerung regenschliessen
8 - Change value to Active
9 - Sub - Regenschliessen art
10 - Change value to Permanent
11 - go to Subsystems
12 - choose RLFS (or RLS - according to some source newer RLHS doesn't support rain closing)
13 - coding
14 - byte 0
15 - Enable Bits 1 and 2

Aidu88

Jun 8, 2017
I will be looking to order these items, but still a little worse for ware where it comes to the auto wipers ?Does the indicator stalk not need to be replaced in order to select "auto" as it isn't there already ? or will the auto wipers work in the "off" or "intermittent" selection ?

Smentalist

Feb 6, 2017
The wipers come on automatically in the intermittent setting. No need to change stalks or coding. Just replace humidity sensor in windscreen with rain light sensor.

Auto headlights need a switch with auto position and a few changes to coding using vcds.

Rear view mirror needs new mirror and power cable.

If you don't have an FR then make sure you have the right windscreen. It has to have humidity sensor used for climate control.

Hope that helps

Aidu88

Jun 8, 2017
The wipers come on automatically in the intermittent setting. No need to change stalks or coding. Just replace humidity sensor in windscreen with rain light sensor.

Auto headlights need a switch with auto position and a few changes to coding using vcds.

Rear view mirror needs new mirror and power cable.

If you don't have an FR then make sure you have the right windscreen. It has to have humidity sensor used for climate control.

Hope that helps

Thanks Smentalist,

One other thing, could the coding be done on a lite version of VCDS ? Or will it have to be on a full one ??

Anyone in Aberdeen able to help me out once I get the parts ?? Happy to give it a go myself but hear that bad things can happen if you get it wrong :whistle:

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Impressive info. I may be a bit thick here, but anyone can point me in the direction of the wiring diagram? Have all the bits delivered, just waiting for that to start the install. Really appreciate if someone can help.

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Just got my auto lights/wipers working. Guide on here worked a treat, thanks!

I did use a different sensor number than the one listed and it works.

Edit:

Used sensor part no. 8U0 955 559 B (Car is showing it as a RLFS)

The sensor that came out my car was 8U0 955 559, was surprised that the similar part number would work but it did so happy days.

Coming home/leaving home also now active.
Mine was the same, but instead finishing in C, was B. All working.

Joee

May 29, 2017
Hi guys

Decided to give this mod a go. Just ordered the sensor but can't find the switch (5G0 941 431 AF) anywhere!

Where is the best place to purchase this from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
I ended up buying the one from the Golf MK7, but the light is white. Don't bother me, but if it wil not cut for you, may try the dealer. Quite few things are cheaper from them than eBay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.