Help! Drying soaked drivers seat! :(

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hey guys and gals!

I've got a badly soaked drivers seat and floor mat! :( I locked the car before work, wasn't raining, during the night it hammered down, still hammering it down now... I came to the car and noticed my drivers window fully down but the rest up, couldn't believe it!

I've currently got my fleece high vis on the head rest and back section of the seat and my high vis body warmer (more padded) on the actual seat, the AC is on and been on for like 20mins on Hi temp setting. I'll be swapping these out for towels later, but has anyone ever had to deal with this before?

If so what did you do to fully dry out the seat? What after care did you use on the seat to prevent mold/smells from the dampness? The car smells fine for now though I am expecting a change over the next couple of days maybe due to how soaked the seat is :(

I feel like a right muppet for not noticing my window being/going down while my mirrors folded up for locking the car :(

--Lee

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
If you can get hold of a wet vax machine this will be able to suck the majority of the moisture out then if can dry naturally. Alternatively get a dehumidifier and stick it in the car overnight.

Jimbo

Reactions: Israar

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Thanks Jimbo!

I don't have either a wet vac or dehumidifier so just gone on a drive about and got myself 2 Unibond Aero 360s hopefully they will help even just a little, will have to see if any of my friends have a dehumidifier albeit with me working on nights hopefully I can get it doing at work! =)

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated mate! =)

--Lee

Javirero

Jan 26, 2016
Colombia
Try going to a carwash and surely they could help you.. Once went into my Honda with my shoes full of shiiiiiiiT, they were really nice and I just had to gave them 5 bucks :D

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
No problem hope you get it sorted. Word of advice get it done asap or it will start to go fusty.

Thanks mate, had to look up what fusty meant, never heard that one before! :)

I've got the Aero 360 in the car, seems to be doing a little magic as it's collecting water, used towels to go to and from work yesterday, will do the same today, in regards to when this happened my plan is to have a full valet once it's dried out but given what you've said here would you say it might be wiser to get the full valet done asap?

Try going to a carwash and surely they could help you.. Once went into my Honda with my shoes full of shiiiiiiiT, they were really nice and I just had to gave them 5 bucks :D

Haha, damn! I'm always on the lookout to stay clear of that as that's one of the only things that I can't stand, makes me throw up! :repuke:

I had the car cleaned also literally 3 days before this happened too, either my lucks down in the pan or Karma is out to kick me in the nuts :rofl:

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the input! :)

--Lee

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Thanks mate, had to look up what fusty meant, never heard that one before! :)

I've got the Aero 360 in the car, seems to be doing a little magic as it's collecting water, used towels to go to and from work yesterday, will do the same today, in regards to when this happened my plan is to have a full valet once it's dried out but given what you've said here would you say it might be wiser to get the full valet done asap?

Haha, damn! I'm always on the lookout to stay clear of that as that's one of the only things that I can't stand, makes me throw up! :repuke:

I had the car cleaned also literally 3 days before this happened too, either my lucks down in the pan or Karma is out to kick me in the nuts :rofl:

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the input! :)

--Lee
Be careful with the Aero 360 , the water they collect is blue and WILL stain if spilt.......

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Be careful with the Aero 360 , the water they collect is blue and WILL stain if spilt.......

Thanks kazand, I read this late last night sorry for not responding straight away! :)

I've taken it out of the car now as it's collected some water but will be heading up to Merry Hill today to see if I can have just an internal valet done, if not will have to head around else where or get in touch with a mobile valeting service jut for internal only! :)

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Update for all, I took my car for an internal valet at Redline Valeting (sorry if this breaches the rules, hopefully not!) and I must say, what an amazing job! The interior looks amazing and the few stains from the rear sets and front seats that was there before I took the car from my brothers hands have vanished! :D

Really really pleased with the work done and given some good weather I can take some pictures and finally update my readers ride with the new scarlet beauty! :)

Thank you all again for your input with this and I really do appreciate it, much love to you all! :love:

--Lee

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members