Cruise Control Retrofitting

hussain.ali15

May 18, 2017
Hi,

I've fitted my cruise control but it does not seem to work. Other things such as indicators and the full beams work. I put my car on a Snap On computer and it comes back with a 00895 code (Cruise Control Switch E45). Does this mean I have an issue with my cruise control stalk or an issue with the coding. I do also have other codes which I didn't note down but mentioned something along the lines of 'Steering Control Module incorrectly coded'.

My car is a 2010 Seat Leon 1.9L 105ps

Any ideas? Thank You

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yep, needs coding in the steering wheel control module and the engine ECU.

hussain.ali15

May 18, 2017
Cheers guys, I did pay someone to do the coding but it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. At the end they just told me that my stalk was to blame. They carried out the coding properly in the engine control module but got confused in the steering electronic control module. They also mentioned that a cruise control light should appear on the dash however I don't think it should because I don't have Bluetooth in my Leon and a larger MFD.

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
Cheers guys, I did pay someone to do the coding but it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing. At the end they just told me that my stalk was to blame. They carried out the coding properly in the engine control module but got confused in the steering electronic control module. They also mentioned that a cruise control light should appear on the dash however I don't think it should because I don't have Bluetooth in my Leon and a larger MFD.

aaah i see, mine came with cruise control and i cant remember weather the light comes on in the dash but it certainly works as iv used it on motorway numerous times. i dont have bluetooth or large MFD screen

Definately needs coding in properly and activating

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members