Reducing wheel spin

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I’ve Got a stage 2+ remap on my car with over 400 ft lbs of torque and the wheel spin is brutal when trying to accelerate in anything under 4th gear ,I’ve tried to get all the stuff to help
Me put the power down , good tyres , lowered the car , engine / gear box / dog bone mounts , had car 4 wheel allgined and even an anti lift kit , and it still spins for like a b*tch , does anyone know of anymore mods to Help with this ?

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I’ve Got a stage 2+ remap on my car with over 400 ft lbs of torque and the wheel spin is brutal when trying to accelerate in anything under 4th gear ,I’ve tried to get all the stuff to help
Me put the power down , good tyres , lowered the car , engine / gear box / dog bone mounts , had car 4 wheel allgined , and it still spins for like a b*tch , does anyone know of anymore mods to Help with this ?
Bro....400ft lb is alot.i thought r tech limited fwd to 370ish due to this

4wd conversion?

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm only Stage 2. But with the weather we've had recently, I've really struggled. If the road is even slightly damp (even if it rained the day before) I just can't get away. However it was dry on Saturday and really made a difference. I figure when it comes round to summer it'll be awesome.

The only thing I can suggest if you haven't already got it is an anti-lift kit. I like the difference it makes with the car not lifting / dipping. But I don't think anything can solve it 100%.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Yeh lee he gave me 405 lmao , and 4wd is really expensive , i sort of wish I had lsd fitted when I got myclutch in , and Jon I already have the anti lift kit , and it’s still brutal , it’s annoying not be able to use the power

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Yeh lee he gave me 405 lmao , and 4wd is really expensive , i sort of wish I had lsd fitted when I got myclutch in , and Jon I already have the anti lift kit , and it’s still brutal , it’s annoying not be able to use the power
Probably because your car is an asbo...with 400ftlb id call it a tarmac terrorist

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Does anyone else notice its much worse when going uphill. It just makes it lift even more lol. was overtaking someone uphill in third and i could see the other drivers whites of his eyes as im struggling for traction by the side of him :rofl: and im only 300 ftlb

Last edited:

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
There isnt mate. 4th gear onward for stage 2+ unless its bone dry and flat

Like i said im only 320 bhp and 300 ftlb and i can lay it down in 3rd just, unless its uphill lol, But if its flat and dry can put it down in second also, But the moon and the stars have to align lol

I also have dogbone mount and michellin supersports. (Was much worse before)

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I have the exact same
Tyres they are amazing , I have a purple power flex dog bone mount coming in post as we speak , did you see much difference after you fitted yours?

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Ah I didn’t even realise you had one lee! What have you got yellow or purple ? The thing is my car doesn’t really hop anymore since I’ve got the proper revo transmission and engine mounts , just wheel spins so I’m 50/50 wether the insert will help much Lol

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Ah I didn’t even realise you had one lee! What have you got yellow or purple ? The thing is my car doesn’t really hop anymore since I’ve got the proper revo transmission and engine mounts , just wheel spins so I’m 50/50 wether the insert will help much Lol
Powerflex yellow...feels more solid engine doesn't rock and they protect your downpipe

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
I put the 343 motorsport insert in mine mate and it helped alot. To be honest it was comical before

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Yeh my car is beserk even if it is the tiniest bit moist .. I’m onto my 4 th set of front tyres compared to the back and the back ones still have 5mm tread on! I am fitting the dog bone tomorrow morning then getting.a 4 wheel alignment , hopefully this helps it out a lot , not holding my breathe though Lol

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
Same problem here, torque 481 Nm. Tyres are 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Below 15 degrees (Celsius) u can easily leave black marks to road in 3rd gear when turbo spools up.

It is really hard to launch car properly, sometimes bouncing starts suddenly and then u have to back off and next time great launch (In traffic lights:lol:, "On green, I'm going for it.")

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.