Sound Difference - Cupra 300 manual/DSG

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
A work colleague recently took delivery of a manual Cupra 300 which he has kindly let me drive. One thing i noticed straight away was the difference in cabin sound from the Soundaktor compared to my DSG 300 (November 2017 build). The sound does not change when selecting through the driving profiles at idle unlike mine.

Is there a genuine difference between the DSG and manual Soundaktor profiles or have SEAT toned it down on the 2018 builds? (colleagues was week 4).

Last edited:

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
A work colleague recently took delivery of a manual Cupra 300 which he has kindly let me drive. One thing i noticed straight away was the difference in cabin sound from the Soundaktor compared to my DSG 300 (November 2017 build). The sound does not change when selecting through the driving profiles at idle unlike mine.

Is there a genuine difference between the DSG and manual Soundaktor profiles or have SEAT toned it down on the 2018 builds? (colleagues was week 4).

Mine changes when I change profile. Big difference between comfort and Cupra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby_300Cupra

Apr 6, 2018
Is it not due to the revs increasing through the gearbox going in to Sport, I know our S3 we had with S Tronic it would raise the revs at idle when changing modes

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.