Altea FR gets a poor write up - What's in store for the Leon FR?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Similar to the 4car one that

they can't quite see the point of a 'sporty' MPV - which will have flawed handling from the start

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
its a bit like the meriva VXR, who is the car aimed at.

The Leon has a definate focus so they're will be no questions raised about that.

I just think it will get a lukewarm reception due to most people wanting to know what the cupra will be like.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Yep ....

Just wondering if this is showing what we are to expect from the Leon, or whether the Altea in FR guise is just going to damage the FR brand rep.

There is only a certain amount you can do to make an MPV sporty is it really upto the FR image?

Prehaps they should have called it the Altea Sport S or something. :shrug:

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Doesn't anyone else find the £18k estimated price tag more than a little frightening? That's serious money and if the Leon is comparable a substantial increase on the last generation.

loadswine

loadswine
The reviewer doesn't like diesels anyway, and is another who just wants to drive a Ford ASBO. Not that many folks will probably go for one, but its a niche car.
Just cause you want a bit of room, why have to settle for boring as well?

nebbers

If they can't see the point of a sporty MPV, why are they wetting themselves over the S-MAX?

That thing looks like a transit with alloys and go faster stripes...

TFSI 2006

nebbers said:
If they can't see the point of a sporty MPV, why are they wetting themselves over the S-MAX?

That thing looks like a transit with alloys and go faster stripes...

exactly... But I must admit that agree with them about putting "Formula Racing" badge on something that tall and diesel-ish...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
TFSI 2006 said:
exactly... But I must admit that agree with them about putting "Formula Racing" badge on something that tall and diesel-ish...
Well the Leon FR deserved the tag very much so and that was deisel...

TFSI 2006

It' not all about selling. The IMAGE counts on the long terms..... Imagine Focus RS with diesel below 200 BHP....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise