New FR

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Bumpers will change. - Wheels wont.

Interior wont either - thats pretty much it .... no funky wheel like the gti either :(

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Do a search, been discussed, and no the FR will look different, if you look for previous posts, you'l lsee some other spy shots which are more acurate.

This is the FR, but with standard bumpers, and without exterior trim and badges.

Scheduled to launch in a little over 2-3 weeks, in Madrid, id expect to see an official press release sometime between now and then. Should be available in the UK by late summer. Likely to appear at the London Motorshow in July.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I am, having driven a 2.0TDi, they handle better, they are more comfortable, and better equipped, just a matter of time for me, a they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Though I'll still probably hang onto the R a bit longer, while waiting for the Cupra.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No need to apologise to the saviour. ;)

Try not to take the written text as literal, most people speed type, and don't sugarcoat their words to make them sound all fluffy, and friendly, but needless to say doesn't mean they have the daggers out for you.

Searching the forum is quick and easy, and few people actually take the time to do it, the forum has been around since 2001, it collects a lot of information, so make use of it. ;)

And don't be so touchy :p

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
usually when i search it comes up with about eleventy million irrelevant results - didn't reallise you could search by section tho

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
oi_nutter2000 said:
usually when i search it comes up with about eleventy million irrelevant results - didn't reallise you could search by section tho

Yeah - not as good as google, but if you figure out how it works so you can get "proper" searches in - then it becomes quite easy.

Just takes practice :)

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
Yeah it's very good thanks CH!!

Hows the FR? Has it lived up to your expectations?

Oh and you're right - the leon on that link you have posted looks very nice (like the colour too)

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Yeah, been very pleased with it, lots of fun.

Sometimes now I've had it a while 10months it could do with a bit more power at the start..but I guess that may be the start to many things..we'll see...

dt2thesequel

Just been told by a seat dealer that they'll have an FR available to test drive by mid/late june. Wouldn't tell me a price but told me that they're getting rid of the sport and the FR is replacing it.

Seems a little odd, surely that will leave a hole in the range especially if the diesel sport is going. I could understand them getting rid of the TFSI in favour the the 200hp TFSI but not the tdi.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
dt2thesequel said:
Just been told by a seat dealer that they'll have an FR available to test drive by mid/late june. Wouldn't tell me a price but told me that they're getting rid of the sport and the FR is replacing it.

Seems a little odd, surely that will leave a hole in the range especially if the diesel sport is going. I could understand them getting rid of the TFSI in favour the the 200hp TFSI but not the tdi.

Dealers can make mistakes, or tell porkies!
Then again perhaps they'll keep the Reference Sport as this is what is marketed as Sport in Europe IIRC.

dt2thesequel

Yeah possibly. A good thing is that he said because its replacing the sport, the FR shouldn't be priced that much higher than the present sport price. I'm liking that thought.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
It looks like the FR is just the Sport in different clothes, especially as most people's suspicions are that the TFSI has 200 -odd bhp anyway. So removing the TFSI sport from the range would make sense. Looks like the TFSI is set to become a true sleeper, with only a 6 month production run it could be quite a rare fast car :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.