Fitting Dealer Accessories

kevinjp

I am awaiting the delivery of my new leon 2.0 tdi sport which should be arriving in June :( the weeks seem to be dragging.

I asked the dealer about the cost of some accessories and how much they would charge to fit them.

I have been quoted £37.60 inc.VAT to fit double exhaust trims bring the total cost to £102.60 inc.VAT. Can I get these cheaper elsewhere and are they easy to fit?

I also asked about the door trim kit and Inner seal guards (anyone know the difference between the sports and normal ones?), they haven't put a fitting charge with these, does that mean I have to fit them myself? are they easy to do?

Any help with the above would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
kevinjp said:
I am awaiting the delivery of my new leon 2.0 tdi sport which should be arriving in June :( the weeks seem to be dragging.

I asked the dealer about the cost of some accessories and how much they would charge to fit them.

I have been quoted £37.60 inc.VAT to fit double exhaust trims bring the total cost to £102.60 inc.VAT. Can I get these cheaper elsewhere and are they easy to fit?

I also asked about the door trim kit and Inner seal guards (anyone know the difference between the sports and normal ones?), they haven't put a fitting charge with these, does that mean I have to fit them myself? are they easy to do?

Any help with the above would be much appreciated!

trim is a stick on job easy to do , dunno about the prices.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
The sill guards are a good idea, my son is allready starting to sratch the sill where he steps into his child seat in the rear. There's a large painted section of the sill which for all the world looks like a step to him ! :think:

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
The exhaust trim is a simple screw to fit it, 5 minutes tops.

The door trims and speaker covers are all just clipped in, again 5 minutes on each door.

:)

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
AR-CoolC said:
The exhaust trim is a simple screw to fit it, 5 minutes tops.

The door trims and speaker covers are all just clipped in, again 5 minutes on each door.

:)

I thought with the exhaust trim you were supposed to cut the tip off before fitting it?

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
JK1 said:
I thought with the exhaust trim you were supposed to cut the tip off before fitting it?

:redface: Ah OK! I have just seen then sitting on the shelf at the local dealer. That would explain the cost a little better :whistle:

john_ach

Apr 25, 2006
If you are spending £15,000 or whatever on a brand new car from them the least they can do is fit a few extras!

When I got my car I got them to fit an iPod connection, exhaust trim, mats, new bulbs.

Remember that they are there to please you!!

kevinjp

They say they will charge for fitting the exhaust trim as it requires them to cut the exhaust. The other two accessories will be supplied and I have to fit them myself.

I am thinking about buying a non-seat exhaust trim and then fit it myself. Has anyone done this before - is it difficult to do? what size exhaust trim do I need?

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
From memory it's 56mm, I bought two for £5 each from my local auto factors. they're really easy to fit on the face of it, but I haven't fitted mine yet as I'm debating whether to sandwich a bit of gun-gum between the exhaust and trim to make sure it doesn't rattle

kevinjp

The official Seat Exhaust Trim is a double one. Are there any advantages/disadvantages of having a double trim or two single trims, apart from having to get the saw out?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.