2k off new fr`s

dt2thesequel

:blink: didn't see prices like that coming so soon! Sport owners must be a bit p!ssed about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
tbh i was expecting discounts like this to appear , as there has been a big jump in prices from the old models.

tfsi fr seems a bargain when the equivalent golf is 20k after discount

5k difference is just plain mad why would anyone buy the gti ? vw are really taking the wee wee.

it`s gonna be hard waiting for the dsg version

Last edited:

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Tbh, as a Sport owner I'm not that bothered the FR looks by all accounts like a sport in different clothes anyway. The only thing I think is nicer on the FR is the front bumper, and that's hardly the end of the world is it...

Now the Cupra, when that arrives may be something to lust after, but a new spoiler, different cloth, and a few FR badges are hardly worth losing sleep over...

Last edited:

slo2mad

Motor Vehicle Technician
Mar 12, 2003
oxfordshire
Visit site
carl4x4 said:
Tbh, as a Sport owner I'm not that bothered the FR looks by all accounts like a sport in different clothes anyway. The only thing I think is nicer on the FR is the front bumper, and that's hardly the end of the world is it...

Now the Cupra, when that arrives may be something to lust after, but a new spoiler, different cloth, and a few FR badges are hardly worth losing sleep over...

I totally agree on all counts. I'm very happy with my "exclusive" ;) sport model.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
carl4x4 said:

uve forgotton about an extra 30bhp as well on the TDI

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Maybe 30 extra bhp on the TDI, but on the TFSI the dubious 185bhp figure of the Sport was proved to be a the same as the Golf GTI's 197 anyway...

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
carl4x4 said:
Maybe 30 extra bhp on the TDI, but on the TFSI the dubious 185bhp figure of the Sport was proved to be a the same as the Golf GTI's 197 anyway...

Proved ?? I must have missed that. Someone was going to do a rolling road test round about now AISTR

Re. Pricing. I paid £14,196 + metallic paint and spare for my sport. This compared to £15,044 for a non-metallic FR.

£850 is a lot of money for, what appears to be, little gain.

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
I was looking at Drive The Deal and Broadspeed yesterday but neither of have the options list up yet.

Broadspeed list all the Leon's as a factory order - what's the lead time on that? Weeks or months?

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
So you're going to the rolling road then Dan? be interesting to see if the UK cars are the same as the mainland European ones :)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Yes, if it is around 200bhp i expect it to be a little higher due to the less restricting exhaust I have fitted and the new air filter.

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
I remember just before the mk5 golf GTI came out it had similar discounts 2.2K from these guys until there was a huge demand for them. Then most discounts vanished. If the Leon becomes very popular and gets good reviews i can see it happening to the FR too.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
It'll be interesting to see if the car reviewers think the FR is much different than the Sport, or whether they even bother to make the comparison.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
209.7BHP

well there you go. All I have is a less restricting Milltek cat-back and better panel filter.

porlus

DanGB said:
209.7BHP

well there you go. All I have is a less restricting Milltek cat-back and better panel filter.

thats awesome man. so looks like the rumoured 197bhp stock is true :D . Right then, wheres the nearest Revo to me lol.

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
209.7 ?

Most acceptable !!!! Thanks Dan for putting the record straight, what are the colouring-in department on about at Seat when they published 185 !!

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
DanGB said:
209.7BHP

Just to be careful. We're any MKV GTI's (or any other 2 Litre FSI Turbo) done whilst you were there?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members