Ibiza 1.9 tdi sport

Lloydo89

Does anyone know much about the mini diesel? Think it's the 1.4 mini one. Only 14 seconds 0-60 (75bho), but can be remapped to 105bhp. Mpg is 58.

Would a remap from 75-105bhp affect mpg by much?

Also, would remaps on the seats affect mpg a lot?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Does anyone know much about the mini diesel? Think it's the 1.4 mini one. Only 14 seconds 0-60 (75bho), but can be remapped to 105bhp. Mpg is 58.

Would a remap from 75-105bhp affect mpg by much?

Also, would remaps on the seats affect mpg a lot?

Mini will be very sluggish, expensive and not exactly BMW quality you'd expect since that's who make them. Also, i'd say it's better to buy a car that you are happy with standard power then when you get used to it after a year or so, map it.

I'd go Leon FR TDi if i was ever to have another Seat. The Ibiza is too small and noisey for me now. Good enough wee car though.

Remap on most cars should see an increae in mpg if you drive sensibly :)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
remaps IMPROVE mpg

what engines are in your 1 coupes? I'm after a 135i/335i for next car!

bolt-on18

i recently just purchased seat ibiza pd 130, its a fresh light blue, its a bit of a sleeper. However i had the car mapped and dyno'd, the car is running at 172.8bhp with 305 ft/lbs of torque.
Only problem i seem to have is my oil temp on the guage seems to go crazy when booted.
Is this common/dangerous?

Lloydo89

Just an update.

It's finally time to get my car :)

Still liking the fiesta s tdci, purely because it gives out 64mpg (apparently). But also still really keen on the Ibiza FR and Leon FR.

Looking At spending up to 4k on an 05/06 reg car with up to 80k on the clock

i recently just purchased seat ibiza pd 130, its a fresh light blue, its a bit of a sleeper. However i had the car mapped and dyno'd, the car is running at 172.8bhp with 305 ft/lbs of torque.
Only problem i seem to have is my oil temp on the guage seems to go crazy when booted.
Is this common/dangerous?

Crazy? I've seen mine hit 120c when doing 140+ mph for a few minutes.
But apart from that, going crazy isn't good.

marshey

Feb 25, 2012
essex
Bit late in reply but I had a 10plate cooper d when my lupo sport was written off. The car was fantastic the 2010 onwards diesels are psa engines. It was nippy that's what got me hooked on diesels. But the thing the mini done for me was handling. Most fun I have had in a car. If you don't need rear seats or a boot I would buy one.
A lot of new cars with small diesel engines are from the psa group.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.