Drilling hole for Boost Gauge in110

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
The bit you drill into to tap off the boost measurements!?

Isn't it likely to get swarf in the pipe that oculd go into the turbo?

How have you guys made the hole? Drilling at an angle seems a bit pants.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Hmm looks like you have a leon so this may not apply to you.
I tapped into the plastic pipe that runs down the drivers side of the engine, i removed the pipe to do it because as you say swarf would just drop into the pipework otherwise.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
i plumed in mine today, did it differently to both of the mentioned methods, went into the flexible hose next to the egr valvethen put a metal ring inside the pipe, tapped into the metal then ran a washer on top, tightned it up and used a rubber sealer to get a good seal, havent plumed the hose through the cabin yet but have tried it and so far worked alright

il try and get some pics up in a bit

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Where are these pics then?

I dunno about removing the plastic pipe on the 110 as its a bit dodgey it has alot of stuff connected to it.

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
That plastic pipe is easy to remove, take off the 2 fule lines over the top of it, and then there is just some wiring attached to the top that un-clips. The fuel can run out the pipes its fine, mine did and it fire's right back up and the pump primes it out i think. Ive done it twice and its never bothered about the air. The pipe secures with 2 metal clips, the bottom one is a bit fiddly to get some pliers in there, but the top is nice and easy. Id take the top rubber pipe off, stuff something down the pipe like bog roll, drill the hole near the top, then hoove/get out the bog roll. re-attach the rubber pipe

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
right well here are the pics of mine not the best but you get the idea

Image163.jpg

Image162.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.