PD130 Ibiza boost pipes keep popping off!!

AngelOCC

Mar 27, 2011
Thought id post here as I have a TDI, but I don't know if other MK4s have the same piping.

Right, on my MK4 PD130 Cordoba/Ibiza when im accelerating in any gear, when my boost guage gets to around 15psi, the pipe that come from the top of the sidemount intercooler decides to pop off, even though I have used a jubalie clip to hold it tight.

I thought it was going to be a once off but ita done it 3 times now, and each time its a bumper and light off jobby to resecure it.

Any ideas of how to stop this happening or any part numbers for new bits of pipe that secure together better?

It wouldn't be a problem if I was ready to plumb in my fmic, but I don't have all the correct bits yet.

Ashley

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
What is the condition of the lugs on the pipe going into the intercooler?

Not sure how a jubilee clip is helping as the pipe is a push fit into the intercooler and secured with a clip?

AngelOCC

Mar 27, 2011
Upon taking it off this morning, I found the underside clip was heavily worn, so for now ive put a selftapping screw through both pieces of pipe to hold them together.

With the jubilee clips, ive just put them around every connection to hold them together a bit tighter as all the rubbers are slightly worn.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members