Orange Light - WTF is it?

jazman27

Hey guys,

CAR: 2004 Seat Leon FR 150 TDi (200bhp remap).

I had a problem with the pipes coming off the intercooler. I've put them back on (new clips) and at the same time changed the air filter.

However, one of the pipes that connect to the intercooler is a little bent. It seems to be too long and will not keep straight. Obviously it only goes in one way. See the image for the pipe I'm referring to.

myfilez.s3.amazonaws.com/intercoolerpipe.jpg

It seemed fine for a couple miles, but then an orange light came on in the center of the dash (don't worry about the engine management one, it's an intermittent heat sensor fault and often goes off by itself).

See the other image attached - any ideas what the new orange light means?

Thanks,
Mark

PS: I'm actually in Spain, hence the readings are in kilometers.

myfilez.s3.amazonaws.com/amberlight.jpg

PPS: I can't post images in here yet - damn! Please copy and past the above URL's into a new web browser window to see the images.

Last edited by a moderator:

jazman27

OK guys, I found an English manual here: seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179021

It's the brake pad wear light. The pads look as they still have some meat on them but I know the wear indicator comes on pretty early. Must just be a coincidence the above was done and then this occurred.

Thanks,
Mark

PS: But still a little worried about how the kink in the intercooler pipe would affect performance?

jazman27

TIP: For those of you that are interested. I used to have a "green cotton" performance air filter.

The car used to smoke more than I do. I mean when the turbo kicked in (and it kicks in hard) I'd get a swirl of smoke pouring our the back whilst it boosted.

Upon changing the air filter for a run of the mill standard type I've noticed it hardly smoking at all. It's either giving up or you just need to make sure these things are getting a LOT of air.

I suspect I didn't service the green cotton air filter properly and was actually "limiting" air flow.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.