LUK tandem pump

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
does anyone have a duff LUK tandem pump laying about which might be available at nominal cost --I'm looking at the possibility of repair /refurb and the current non availability of the most needed gaskets :think:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I don't but bba reman refurbish a fair bit of stuff. Check with them if they do. As for the gaskets the seat dealer I use is pretty good at checking with other seat dealers in England or around the country for that matter as to whether they have them or not. Tps?

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I'm not in immediate need, just looking at the possibility of doing something with the existing and need a spare to play with --no-one wants to sell a gasket when they can flog a £2-3 hundred pound pump despite the old one only leaking-----the only gaskets around officially are pump to head cheers for the thought tho' :)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
just picked up a spare for mine now as its leaking from the outer part

there are twho types th arent there rubber gaskets and metal i think i read somewhere
on mine its 038145209A and managed to find one local ish with same codes

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
is that a Bosch pump? I have it listed as Bosch but may be wrong I have "LUK 1" as 038145209 suffix E or H or K "LUK 2" as suffix M or Q I think early LUK's were a machined groove and rubber "O-ring" type and later a metal gasket with a pressed ridge I think this was to compensate for badly pressed outer cover which is far from flat and constant movement between the ally casting and rather solid steel cover which many folks have taken for plastic at first sight my advise to anyone else reading this is if it only sweats leave it 'till it gets worse as trying to fix it only brings grief or another pump LUK had previous with a recall for faulty screws

Last edited:

imikk3

Aug 8, 2011
Mitcham, Surrey
Hi,
Just found out that my tandem pump has a slight leak on the front cover which I know people saying it can't be fixed so new pump or I could try Seat and they might consider to fix it as these pumps had been recalled cow of faulty bolts. Anyway I found this and I wonder if anyone tried it before
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181743216252&globalID=EBAY-GB
To replace the gasket on the pump could stop the leak?

Thanks

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I think the bolt prob' time window was quite short but worth a try you did well to find that kit and not too bad a price they are like hens teeth and just about unobtainable from Italy (no wonder their economy's in a state) (apologies to Carlo) -- I have been thinking of tempting fate for a while and posting back on this as my last gasket has now lasted for approx. 12 months not huge miles but a lot of stop and start (heat/cool cycles) I used Viton sheet (don't buy cheap from China) and used a higher tightening torque which I think slows gasket creep and failure come back if you want more info

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
as a suggestion ONLY I ended up at 10Nm that was on a rubber gasket, I'm not sure what you'd use on the metal one if you don't get any info with the kit you could try M&D @ "Iniezione24" for a figure, I used stainless bolts longer than required with an allen socket button head fitted with a spring washer /plain washer then a nut, screwed in to the bottom of the hole then tightened the nuts (whilst holding bolt still with allen key) progressively and finally torqued up (paranoid about stripping the ally') hope this helps

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members