Insurance.....

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
The cupra has gone back to standard and its now getting sold.

What good insurers are there for normal cars?? Most places i've tried, the insurance for the new car is a lot more than the stage 2 cupra, which is ridiculous!!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
The cupra has gone back to standard and its now getting sold.

What good insurers are there for normal cars?? Most places i've tried, the insurance for the new car is a lot more than the stage 2 cupra, which is ridiculous!!

Depends what you mean by 'normal' .we use Chris Knott on here, they got us the best deal on the LCR and current Cupra. It's a minefield tbh, our previous insurer was Privilege ( part of Admiral) and, come renewal time on the LCR , made it plain that they didn't want our business both with the cost of the renewal and what the guy said on the phone.
Chris Knott came in at less than half btw.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not sure this is the place to admit it, but I'm with DirectLine. Amongst the "normal" insurers I haven't managed to get a cheaper quote. Thats includes an accident which wiped out 3 (or was it 4) years of my no claims. They also didn't up my premium for any of the cosmetic mods (only for the performance ones).

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Depends what age you are too, I always found Esure pretty good, and now I'm old they still are for hot motors too. Edinburgh is a cheap area I believe, so where you live could also have a bearing on it.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
You got to go through the motions now - confused etc

Have always found the modded cars are expensive for insurance purposes. Leon has always been just under £400 or so since modded many years ago.

Both the Superb and Accord are with Aviva at just over £200 each. Half the price of the Leon.

Old git, clean licence, full NCB and low risk area helps.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Im 27, 6 years NCB and been driving for 6 years

my 340bhp stage 2 cupra was £450 a year, which isnt bad considering the mods would be replaced with exactly what i'd put on it

cheapest I can find for the new car is £370 with go skippy...but i've read some **** reviews.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.