rear beam bush size?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
anyone know what size rear beam bush i will need??

2004 Ibiza Cupra TDi.

Powerflex say either 69mm (giggedy) or 72.5mm

cheers in advance.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Rear axle? Don't bother with powerflex, my 20vt killed a set in a few years time, superpro are a much better designed bush. Same goes for front wishbones as well, superpro make a really nice set with a metal sleeve rather than just raw polyurethane.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Rear axle? Don't bother with powerflex, my 20vt killed a set in a few years time, superpro are a much better designed bush. Same goes for front wishbones as well, superpro make a really nice set with a metal sleeve rather than just raw polyurethane.

had poly black on my boc all round, 0 issues :/ and i gave that abuse.

but ill look into the super pros

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
I'm scratching my head tbh Pete, I wasn't aware there were two sizes but apparently there are for Powerflex(maybe that's why my old set wore out?). I thought they all just used the mk4 Golf platform fitting. If it's of any use, with the superpro these are what I have and they say they fit a 2004 Cupra TDi:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SuperPro...664022&hash=item3626d06627:g:hmEAAOSwjoVZ3iA1

the super pro ones cost 2x as much!!
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...2e928eb38139809ac48b385df3d58871a3b5e2&000973

dancool27

May 21, 2016
I know that this is a rather old thread but powerflex have just confirmed with me the following

PFR85-610 has now superseded PFR85-415 completely, and this part is no longer available.

We created PFR85-415 first many years ago but it would appear that we took the measurements from the OE bush rather than the beam. The OE bush has a hard plastic outer shell that compresses so it is larger than the bore of the beam and we have always made it to 72.5mm as a result.

A few years back we found we were getting a number of complaints that this bush was too big because the beam actually had an ID of 69mm. We wrongly assumed there was two sizes of beam so created PFR85-610 at 69mm instead of correcting the size of PFR85-415 and we’ve been selling the two parts alongside each other for years now.

Despite being it too big, PFR85-415 does actually fit, but it’s an extremely tight fit especially in the black material so to save people the frustration of having to fit a bush that is too large and also to save customers questioning the options and which one is likely to fit their vehicle, we now only sell PFR85-610.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members