Converted Brakes to TT 312mm

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
But they wont bleed properly :censored: very very spongy, the only way i could think of is with the old fashioned method. Mine is a Golf( should be same as Leon). im told i need a pressure bleeder or the dealer. Is there any way manually to do it or do i need the pressure bleeder or dealer, anything im missing?

I replaced the callipers too( hence why the bleed) becasue they were nice and shiny and new :funk:

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
It's a doddle with a pressure bleed system. They're about £15 & should only take 30 mins or so for the fronts.

Didn't need to use one when I did mine, though. Just opened up the bleed nipple on the calipers & then pumped the brake pedal down half-way until all the air was out. Then topped up the reservoir.

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Dealer done the bleed this morning, they didnt charge much. Even though it feels better its not 100%, but was looking at the discs and ive noticed the pads arent level against the discs so it looks like they now need to bed in, well hopefully!

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Believe you can also bleed the brakes through vagcom. I think it sets the abs pump on so you get pressure to the calipers. I found it easier to use the Gunson pressure bleed system, very easy and quick to use.

Triple D

I got techie to fit mine and it took about five mins to bleed them, undo the nipple on the caliper and then pump the pedal untill the air is out and then top up the reservoir. As to the bedding in process it took about a day before you get some proper feel underneath the pedal and now they are spot on. Probably one of the best mods ive done so far especially on the cost side of it.