Fitting LCR splitter

Travis

Mar 23, 2008
Isle of Man / Chester
can I just confirm that you've all drilled/screwed into the paintwork underneath the bumper?
And also, "mine was just a little bit off (about 1cm) the under lip where the bumper joins".
What under lip are you talking about? The only 'lip' under my bumper is a good few inches back, if I put the splitter about 1cm off that I wouldn't be able to see it!

Thank you

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
mine drilled into unpainted plastic part of the bumper at the bottom :). just place it where you think best :d but dont forget if you have it to far forward it may tilt up or look odd as it will be drilled on an angle.

Travis

Mar 23, 2008
Isle of Man / Chester
hmmm, well I've done it, wasn't an unpainted part though.

I think it looks good myself, was sure I would mess it up but I like it!

IMG_4987.jpg

BKR

TorqueDefinesIntelligence
Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
can i just ask did any ov u get a little gap wen u first screwd it in?
should i fill it with the black sealent.

btw i havent sealed it on yet but iv screwd it in and it lines up but its back off atm

a little help would be appreciated. thanks

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
can i just ask did any ov u get a little gap wen u first screwd it in?
should i fill it with the black sealent.

btw i havent sealed it on yet but iv screwd it in and it lines up but its back off atm

a little help would be appreciated. thanks

i didn't get any gaps but may be because i didn't make pilot holes...i had it held in place by a mate and made the hole with the screw...i also put 2 screws in each of the first 2 "V's" either side of the centre gap bit just to reinforce as bending it round puts a bit of strain on the middle

click on the link in my sig to check it out :)

mark_keeling52

Hi all,

I bought my LCR splitter last weekend and have come to fit it today (got my dad to help), but when holding it up against the bumper its shape is nowhere near the shape/radius of my bumper (05 ibiza cupra), especially in the middle where the splitter is straight and the bumper curves.

Am i right in thinking i need to bend it round at either end to pull it in-line with the radius and the front will not quite follow? (Bit of a newby to the modding scene so apologies if i seem a bit simple :) )

Any help would be great.
Cheers

Jille

yes, it requires some bending... it's wise to do the fitting job with some assistance of someone else, so he can keep it into place while you fasten the screws.

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Right! Iv come too getting some courage 2 fit my splitter ,As im scared i will mess up... Ok so looking at it theere are the 2 V things on ea middle side.. as said... I no i have too cut theys but if there cut 2 as low as u say theres nothing 2 drill? its hollow exsept a __ In it if i cut below that theres nothing 2 screw into! Do i cut this that low so i dont have anything or?? pics would be helpfull :O

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
Very Helpful thread this!! Fitted mine a few months ago and looks spot on.

It is down to your own personal taste as to what sort of angel you want the splitter at, just make sure you have enough self tapping screws - i used 8 bought from homebase (little ones).

Another personal tatse is weather you want to use balck coloured sealent once fitted, i personally didn't use any.

wazb

Mar 29, 2008
Berks
want to fit my splitter but i cant raise the car the pilot holes i need to drill do these go in both the splitter and the front bumper or just the splitter? and if its just the splitter when i screw into the bumper wont it crack as its fibre glass? thanks

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I drilled pilot holes only into the splitter. You position the splitter so the centres of the bumper and splitter are inline, then i worked from there.
I used 15 or 20mm 3.5mm Self tappers so pretty small, didnt do pilot holes in my bumper, as we were holding the splitter in location and fixing it there and then.

Hope this helps

Nick_A

Not a newie really
Oct 2, 2007
Hertfordshire
want to fit my splitter but i cant raise the car the pilot holes i need to drill do these go in both the splitter and the front bumper or just the splitter? and if its just the splitter when i screw into the bumper wont it crack as its fibre glass? thanks

I didn't raise my car just did it on my drive with a good old screw driver (although my hands were in pain after i spent the few hours doing it).

It will be benefitial if you do pilot holes, the bumper wonn't crack if you use a small screw/drill piece on a slow setting!! :)