DIY Service Guide: Fuel Filter, Oil+Oil Filter, Pollen Filter, Air Filter + MAF Clean

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Right,

When servicing my car over the last weekend I decided to take some photos and annotate to help anyone out there who would like to save quite a sum of money by doing it yourself!!

This was on my SEAT Ibiza Sport 1.9TDi PD130 so will be the same for the Diesel FR/Cupra, or should be similar at least. Please excuse any typo's etc as was done very quickly !

Remember to get all the correct parts from the appropriate place and REMEMBER, this is a GUIDE, quite a brief one at that but it should help! All work you do is YOUR responsibility!

Hope it helps :)

-Cheers
Stu

Change your Air Filter

air1.jpg

air2.jpg

air3.jpg

air4.jpg

air5.jpg

air6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mjstokes85

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Change your Pollen Filter

pollen1.jpg

pollen2.jpg

pollen3.jpg

pollen4.jpg

pollen5.jpg

NOTE: Added comment on changing pollen filter for 2008 DAB Ibiza

Just a small note on this step, I've just checked my pollen filter on my 2008 DAB and I was unable to remove the plastic cover with just these bolts you've pointed out.

I had another 2 to undo, in this photo they are just behind the 'bulge' on the bottom of the plastic cover. Once they were free the cover literally fell out.

This is a fab guide though, from start to finish. Thanks for taking the time to compile the information.

Last edited:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
oilch6.jpg

oilch7.jpg

oilch8.jpg

oilch9.jpg

oilch10.jpg

oilch11.jpg

One extra thing I do on my TDI when I change the oil is I drain the oil cooler as well. It sits underneath the oil filter housing and holds some dirty oil which I would rather empty! It has a cap on it like the oil filter housing. so removing it is pretty straightforward, but wear gloves and have a basin underneath ready as it's upside down so as soon as you start to unscrew it you will get oil coming out.

Last edited:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Can someone make it a sticky or something?

**Edit**

Thanks for sticking... any thanks, comments and revisions are welcomed :)

Cheers
-Stu

Last edited:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
No worries, its so easy and compiled it to save others money!!

Remember to reset your service indicator (INSP + Spanner icon) if it comes up by holding down the reset button while turning on the ignotion, no need to start ignition. Keep holding it down for 10secs or so. You should see it come up with --- or something. Should clear it :)

Remember its NOT the reset button on your stalk but the dashboard button!

-Stu

cameron111

hi

im after some drive on ramps like yours can you tell me where you got them from and how high the are

many thanks

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
ah Id love to tell you but I borrowed them off a someone next door :)

Next time I get my hands on them ill let you know, but dont wait up! Im sure they are easy to find, places like Halfrauds would sell i suppose but worth a look elsewhere to price it a little better!

Cheers
-Stu

cameron111

hi mate

i have seen them for about £25 and there 190mm high do you think that will be high anuf to drop the oil and so on

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
I suppose so, you can drop the oil without even getting the car on the ramps if you can get a bucket underneath the sump! :)

Unless you slammed your beeza to the ground on coilovers anyway!

Even on those ramps the bumper hit the corners of them so had to slip a couple of bits of wood on to raise the car before the ramps.

Good luck

Cheers
-Stu

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
I'm guessing the fuel filter is similar on non-PD engines? Also is the location of the pollen filter the same in the MK1 Leons?

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Not sure about the fuel filter, if it looks the same then I suppose the procedure is similar. About the pollen filter if your lucky it will be but I have a feeling its under the bonnet/windscreen wipers on the right side, as you look from the front. There is a panel there to remove?

I could be wrong :)

Remember, this is only a guide, I'm not a mechanic! Just in the field of engineering so have a good idea on how to take things apart and put together again :) lol

Cheers
-Stu

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Not sure about the fuel filter, if it looks the same then I suppose the procedure is similar. About the pollen filter if your lucky it will be but I have a feeling its under the bonnet/windscreen wipers on the right side, as you look from the front. There is a panel there to remove?

I could be wrong :)

Remember, this is only a guide, I'm not a mechanic! Just in the field of engineering so have a good idea on how to take things apart and put together again :) lol

Cheers
-Stu

You're actually completely right about the pollen filter, I was looking at it last night ffs :lol:

Heads away :ban:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Lol good stuff, well im pretty sure its easily done yourself if you want to save labour costs!

I just bought myself a new car and sold me beeza so I gotta work out servicing this one now!!

210BHP oh hello :D

makindue

Can someone make it a sticky or something?

**Edit**

Thanks for sticking... any thanks, comments and revisions are welcomed :)

Cheers
-Stu

Nice, it is really sticky. And you did a great job for it. I think Thanks for the useful information. I hope I can clean my filters. :D

oldtimer

Mar 3, 2008
Wales
Seatstu, that is one of the best write ups with brilliant photo's I've ever come across. I think you should take up making service manuals!!

Fantastic many thanks.

Lui

Hi,

Do you get the o-ring for the oil filter in the same pack or do you order it separate?

If separate can you post me a link to it?

Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise