PD130 Ibiza Tdi Sport - Easiest mods?

Rauldinho

Jan 22, 2012
Milton Keynes
Having only recently picked up my MK4 Ibiza Tdi Sport, I'm wondering what should be my first port of call for some power gains without having to strengthen anything in the car?

I'm thinking a remap but how far to I go and are there any mods I should consider to compliment it?

And is the PD160 intake really that expensive for a bit of plastic? :D

Rauldinho

Jan 22, 2012
Milton Keynes
Probably not, depends how previous owners have driven it. Budget for one anyway, otherwise you're just going to end up one of the seemingly millions of people who come on and slate whoever maps your car for not limiting the torque when really it's your fault for taking the car in with a clutch possibly near the end of its natural life anyway...

;)

:D

I have seen a fair few comments like that to be honest.

Rauldinho

Jan 22, 2012
Milton Keynes
It's a fact though. With things like clutches and whatnot, any tuner who offers a "torque-limited" map really only limits it to less than around 300lbft which is the approximate limit of a brand new OEM clutch. After 134,000 miles, what YOUR specific clutch will actually take is anyone's guess and chances are it's a lot lower. The only way to find out is push it past its limit and then come back down again but as they're friction materials, even doing that is going to cause more wear so the limit is then getting lower all the time you're trying to find it.

The alternative is that mappers cater for the worst possible outcome so that there's no problems even with worn parts, but then they'd pretty much just be flashing with standard maps cos of all the people with FUBAR clutches. Wouldn't make them very popular, charging £250 for no increase in figures...

If you see what I mean.

Any recommendations on a remap/clutch package?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.