Ibiza cupra pd160 hot & cold start issues

Tommeyk

Jul 21, 2017
Hi guys, new to this forum. Looking for some help with my car

Looking for some advice / help please

Ibiza cupra pd160

Cold mornings it takes a while to start and when it does it's smokey, white smoke. Sort of sounds like it's hunting once started for a second or two.

When it's at running temp, when the engine is hot, it is also very hard to start but no smoke will come out

Also get very very poor MPG - 28 is the most I've ever seen.

I've just done a one mile drive, went to the shop and then started it again and no problems at all

Already changed the cam position sensor and the fuel filter and this has made no difference at all

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Scotty33

Aug 1, 2016
I would change the coolant temp sensor. Or preferably hook up vcds and see what value it is reading first.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Scotty33

Aug 1, 2016
You may also have a thermostat problem, if this is stuck open, the coolant won't warm up. Best economy is obtained via ecu settings when the coolant reaches 88 deg C.
I guess other possibilities are a bad remap or tuning box fitted?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
vag com is best place to start also a check on the plugs for continuity and if you can manage a vag-com(vcds) live data on start to hot to see what the engine (ECU) sees should be a smooth ramp up of temp I would also take a peep at the egr/intake for gunk assuming the servicing is up to date (take on one's word for it :) )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.