Cruise control connections??!!

Johnsbegood

Sep 11, 2012
Worcester
Hi guys.

I've got myself a cruise control kit wiring loom and stalks. Just reading through the instructions and there as clear as mud. I get the first bit where u plug in the following;
White - pin 26
Red - pin 27
Black - pin 28
White - pin 29
Yellow - pin 30
Blue - pin 31

But after this I'm getting lost.

There's another connection. Another white cable with a special termination that plugs into pin 10 in a white 11 pole plug on the steering column???

Then there's black cable that I think needs to be spliced in to a power cable? Something says SB4 and KL.87???

Any help or even a few photos would be awesome.

Cheers

Paul

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Send me an PM with your email. I did it in 2007 DIY without a kit and have a document to show how to do it.

plug in the following at the stalks;
White - pin 26
Red - pin 27
Black - pin 28
White - pin 29
Yellow - pin 30
Blue - pin 31

4 of these need to go to the central control using into the brown XS3 socket.

pin 26 and 29 are connected. These then are split at the other end so one goes to the XS3 socket pin 3 and the other off to the Engine ECU on pin which varies depending on your engine - this wire tells the ECU what rpm to hold the engine speed at. So that is 4 connections for this one wire.

Lastly pin 28 is +12V power feed. I used fuse 18 to feed it.

"Another white cable with a special termination that plugs into pin 10 in a white 11 pole plug on the steering column???" = not sure what they are doing here.. maybe they found a way to the ECU?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.