Door card removal guide...done in 2 minutes!

bobbyibiza53

hi thanks very much. yes will soundproof all the door and cover the clips in abit of silicon to stop them flapping around. thanks

blackdiamond200

ok so i have followed instructions i couldnt see any screws on handel of drivers door i do have electrric front windows sooo does that mean i need to pop open the panel with the buttons too see the screw if so how do i do that i tried but it only came half off and i didnt want to break it ??

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks. I've asked a dealer or two to get me prices now anyway - I would like to think I can repair the current one, but there is a very deep, nasty scratch in it, that I don't think I'll be able to get out. Might have to try the hot-air-gun approach...

Mar 13, 2010
After you get the card off, there are 2 things connected, one i dont need off as it can move the panel aside, but the other wont come off?? if there a trick to disconnecting it or something?

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
I followed the guide at the start of the thread and it pretty much worked for me on my Ibiza FR - there were a couple of differences to what I found, but it genuinely is very easy.

I now have a working flashing red led when the doors are locked! woo hoo :)

BEEZABOI10

Dec 2, 2010
East Sussex
www.facebook.com
good thread!!! didnt take care pulling passenger door off and have broken the speaker grille..... do i have to buy a whole new door card? if so any1 know where to get 1? and if just from dealer the part number? cheers

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
Maybe a car breakers will be able to help you...Not sure about just being able to get the speaker grill on it's own a quick call to a dealers parts guy will answer that one. You ,might want to get some of the door card clips as they're easy to break.

On here people rave about Dave at Sere Motors(has his own thread) but I prefer to go into my local main dealer in person.

Last edited:

bananaskin

Apr 15, 2011
Cambridge (SG8)
Hi, need some help.

Just wanting to replace my window mirror adjuster.

Taken the two t25 screws out the bottom of the door card.
Taken the phillips screw out from behind the pull handle door.

Cant get it off ! Feels stuck where the lock/unlock button is near the door handle.

What am i missing?

TIA

Drivers side obviously

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.