Can I start the fuel debate again ... new Total Excellium diesel?

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Some info here: http://www.petrolprices.com/total.html

and at www.Total.co.uk but nothing too specific .... here's the best info from a press release dated April 2005:

The benefits of TOTAL EXCELLIUM

1. The exclusive additives contained within TOTAL EXCELLIUM lower fuel consumption by reducing mechanical friction therefore improving the efficiency of a vehicles engine.

2. TOTAL EXCELLIUM fuels reduces CO2 emissions by up to 5% and cut pollution from Carbon Monoxide and black smoke by up to 25% in cars over 5 years old.

3. The new detergent contained in TOTAL EXCELLIUM cleans the most sensitive parts in modern engines, in particular the areas involved with petrol injection and high pressure diesel injection. In addition TOTAL EXCELLIUM diesel has a higher Cetane Index improving its combustion properties from a cold start, resulting in up to 37% reduction in noise.

Last edited:

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Has anyone else had experience of Total Excellium Derv ?...........its just its become available local to me much cheaper than Ultimate (that I do find better...Especially cold starting in -5DegC!) but I don't want to weigh off cheaper with worse starting/performance............

also seem to recall someone in the past saying about the low sulphur content in EXCELLIUM (not the others) caused lubrication of the Diesel Pump a problem

BTW Done "searches"

Paul

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Thanks Glynn as I say I find Ultimate excellent & better at starting & throttle response than V-Power to be honest !!

As I say I seem to recall somewhere in this forum that it was mentioned a problem with the lubrication properties of Excellium poss leading to premature failure of the Diesel pump, though looking further it does mention that in FRANCE they add 5% BioDiesel so that this puts back the lubricant properties lost by the low sulphur.

Anyone know what the Cetane rating is ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise