wow after 10K service

Oct 12, 2005
just come back from the 10k service and car feels so more responsive. Its a FRTDI 150 standard and it feels great. But its started to rattle but hey its a seat. I was qouted 160 quid only cost 143 at jennings in boro

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
I miss the days when car engines were less high-tech. In those good old days, you'd take your car in for a service and it would be a completely different car on the way home, pulling much stronger. Of course, it was mainly the fact that they'd changed the points so the ignition was giving decent sparks again.

I'm surprised that your TDI feels better to drive after a service, unless they found something amiss and put it right without telling you. Maybe they squirted some contact cleaner on your MAF sensor, or lubricated the turbo actuator or something like that? I suppose it could be that they found some leaves blocking your intake - but the air filter isn't on the 10K service so I'm surprised they bothered looking.

I don't thnk I've ever heard of a garage doing things for free! :)

Mind you, mine went in for the fuel pump recall a couple of days ago. It did feel very marginally better on the way home, but I put it down to my imagination.

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Got my 10k yesterday and the car feels...............exactly the same!! ;)

It does seem to go abit better due to the fact my pocket is £85 lighter!! :whistle:

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Got mine on Friday, I'll let you know if its any different ( might run a bit better considering the oil is very low :whistle: )?!?!

Wonder if I'll get a New Leon as a courtesy car?

sicasey

FR Derv Power
Jul 24, 2005
Cheshire
AoS said:
Got mine on Friday, I'll let you know if its any different ( might run a bit better considering the oil is very low :whistle: )?!?!

Wonder if I'll get a New Leon as a courtesy car?

It's unlikely dude as they seem to be holding on to them as demo only.

AoS

Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
sicasey said:
It's unlikely dude as they seem to be holding on to them as demo only.
Thats what I though :( or :) ?

Last time it was in l gotta a bright red Altea (the bus we called it) and the time after that a pearly blue/violet 1.bugger all Ibiza...sweeeeeet... :doh:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Maybe the reason people think their car is quicker after service is because they've been driving a tiddly-engined courtesy car...

Nothing like driving a slow courtesy car for a day or two to make you appreciate your own again.

AoS

Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
muddyboots said:
Maybe the reason people think their car is quicker after service is because they've been driving a tiddly-engined courtesy car...

Nothing like driving a slow courtesy car for a day or two to make you appreciate your own again.
That's very true!

It's in tomorrow so we will see....

Im gonna make sure I reset the trip computer.. see how much of a thrashing they give it... [:@]

AoS

Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Well went down to take my car in this morning to CHICHESTER SEAT for its 10k and they couldn't give me a courtesy car becasue 'I didnt ask for one when I booked it' which is annoying because I'm an IT engineer covering West Sussex and I have to work and the other two times it has been in they gave me the keys within 2 minutes of being there!
Maybe this is normal I dont know, but there you go...

I dont really think they care as they only have one memeber of staff, three new Seat cars in the showroom (no Leons, not even the new one??) and nothing else.. Service dept only?

So goobye CHICHESTER SEAT, I've booked it in next week at FROSTS SEAT in Portslade and I have made sure I've requested a car which is a New Leon 1.6.. not bad, i'll let you know what its like!

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
AoS said:
Well went down to take my car in this morning to CHICHESTER SEAT for its 10k and they couldn't give me a courtesy car becasue 'I didnt ask for one when I booked it' which is annoying because I'm an IT engineer covering West Sussex and I have to work and the other two times it has been in they gave me the keys within 2 minutes of being there!

I dont really think they care as they only have one memeber of staff, three new Seat cars in the showroom (no Leons, not even the new one??) and nothing else.. Service dept only?

So goobye CHICHESTER SEAT, I've booked it in next week at FROSTS SEAT in Portslade and I have made sure I've requested a car which is a New Leon 1.6.. not bad, i'll let you know what its like!

I would agree with you on Chichester dealership - don't seem too interested; however when I was looking they did let me test drive the Cupra 210. By the way was that you the other day driving down Titnore Lane?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
AoS said:
they couldn't give me a courtesy car becasue 'I didnt ask for one when I booked it' which is annoying because I'm an IT engineer covering West Sussex and I have to work and the other two times it has been in they gave me the keys within 2 minutes of being there!

Having to request a car has always been the norm in my experience, I often have to book 2-4 weeks in advance to get a courtesy car.

AoS

Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
Knigh said:
(Edited) By the way was that you the other day driving down Titnore Lane?

That was indeed, hey a fellow seatcupra.net-er, nice one.. Yeah live in Angmering village so do that drive most days when I've gotta be in the office.. are you local?

AoS

Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
muddyboots said:
Having to request a car has always been the norm in my experience, I often have to book 2-4 weeks in advance to get a courtesy car.

I've only had older cars, so a courtesy car is a new thing! Its was just after being there twice before to have things done on the FR they just made me sign on the form and off I went, (I think they actually sold cars there then!) I just assumed that was normal for them anyway... :blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.