sudden loss of power @ 70

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
I was on the start of the motorway yesterday, I was going about 70 and on full throttle in 4th gear. All of a sudden the car stopped accelerating and from then on I had no acceleration in any gear, it was as if the turbo was not kicking in at all.

I pulled over and disconnected the MAF, blew on the connections and then reconnected it and after starting the car back up, it was fine. Its been over 24hrs and 60 miles since the problem happened and the cars been fine. Could this be the first signs of the MAF dieing? or could it be something else?

BTW, she's a remapped Tdi 110

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
yes, IMHO it ain't the maf at all,,, you just turned off the mofo and then on again and the limp mode was resetted back to normal,,, scan the fault memory.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
let's say you'd better have one.
I still have to find out if they do one for the VNT turbos, mojogoes told me yes but I went on their site and there was nothing,,, but then again their site is crap,,,

prc

Sooty Meister
cheshire cat said:
allow's you to put a limit on the amount of boost generated so avoiding limp mode [B)]

That should be done by the remap and not a boost valve.

From the symptoms what's probably happening in Ando's case is that boost is slowly but surely creaping up past requested and triggering limp mode when the boost hits 0.3bar over requested. It'a a common remap problem.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
prc said:
That should be done by the remap and not a boost valve.

From the symptoms what's probably happening in Ando's case is that boost is slowly but surely creaping up past requested and triggering limp mode when the boost hits 0.3bar over requested. It'a a common remap problem.
"yes but, ahh but" without any spikes? is any remap that good?? :rolleyes:

prc

Sooty Meister
no map, not even the original will control overboost spikes.

none of the maps I've run has ever caused any problems so yes they should in fact control boost. If the boost tables and torque limiting tables are set up correctly, you will not have problems.

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
could also be the brake sensor when mine went faulty i had the same syptoms as limp mode ie no acceleration but it was because the ecu thought i was braking and cut all throttle so i cpould not accelerate

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
ALEX** said:
could also be the brake sensor when mine went faulty i had the same syptoms as limp mode ie no acceleration but it was because the ecu thought i was braking and cut all throttle so i cpould not accelerate
That REALLY pisses me off ..... no left foot braking :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise