New Shape MK4 Front Bumper

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
I'm liking that front end more and more. Would it clear my Cupra D pipework on my MK4 FMIC conversion? And could i tansfer my foglights across?

gazjones

i dont know if the have the space behind them like the cupra one has but the different shape grill might allow you to get the pipes through as the fog surround wont curve in!

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
shaun , ist he pipes on your FMIC routed the same way as the forge 130 BHP kit , check the instructions on theyre site , theres room behind the new bumpers below the headlights as they can be ordered with xenons and hence washers

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
shaun , ist he pipes on your FMIC routed the same way as the forge 130 BHP kit , check the instructions on theyre site , theres room behind the new bumpers below the headlights as they can be ordered with xenons and hence washers

No mate my pipes run like the Cupra D, its the bottom pipe thats sits against the drivers fog light surround. Just me being OTT, but I'm thinking eithe rthe new shape bumper of the Cupra, but I do like the mesh grills of the newer shape

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
gazjones said:
i dont know if the have the space behind them like the cupra one has but the different shape grill might allow you to get the pipes through as the fog surround wont curve in!

You know the pipe I'm talking about mate;) what do ya reckon

gazjones

shaun ive been thinking i still think even with the cupra bumper your goingto have to cut it as forge cut out a big bit just before the fog surround where the hex screw goes in to the front pannel the cupra bumper will still have this part there as wil the new facelift bumpers. only way seat got aorund that was to put a big bend in the ic pipework! you should get away without having to cut the fog surround on both though

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
i found ur fitting pics u posted on the FMIC thread , itll fit , buckets of room , ul need to chop a wee support out as u do with the forge kit , easy peasy .

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
The newer bumper will look better with my FR upper grills I think. Yeh Gaz thats what I want. Dont get me wrong as you know Gaz its a quality install, but the new bumper will be icing on the cake - may tie it up with a bonnet flash to

gazjones

ow yea its just that bracket in the bumper has to go for the pipe work or its has to be bent alot but as stony said it should fit behind the fog no probs will look perfect! group buy shaun lol cupra and new fr bumpers from vinnie!

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
gazjones said:
ow yea its just that bracket in the bumper has to go for the pipe work or its has to be bent alot but as stony said it should fit behind the fog no probs will look perfect! group buy shaun lol cupra and new fr bumpers from vinnie!

Mate he'll be on mega bonuses after Andy buys his FMIC;)