Help fitting sub into mk4 ibiza...

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
Right thinking about getting an active sub(built in amp) from work in the next week or so but talking to one me mates at work who fits bits and bobs like this said that the seats are quite hard to do as are all VAG cos they are built better

i laffed but then thought S**T!

would i be able to put a sub in my car and have the cabling neat? he said the problem is pulling all the plastics up to putt he wires underneath...

has anyone done any before or heard of any?

got any information as i could do with some before i buy ???

its a vibe active sub connecting up to a alpine headunit?

cheers

heard someone hear is good with these types of things from paul...

chris

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I found it rather easy on my MK4, providing you have the right tools!

Took me and a mate half a day with all the seats and carpet out.

gazjones

its pretty easy mate just feed the wire from the bat through the bulk head there is a grommet on the tope right hand side of the engine bay as you look at it. remove the side pannel on the dash (passengers side) and feed cable from engine bay and you can just grab it and pull it through with you hand inside the dash. then feed it along the sill this just pull up, then under rear seats pretty simple really i put all my wires together down the same side!

gazjones

ow and same sub as mine fitted it twice to my car and fitted an amp on another ibiza

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
slight problem, i have already used that hole where the blanking gromot is for my fog lights..... plus i dont know this is me asking stupid questuons but cnonecting the sub to the live on the battery will mean permanent live to the sub wont it:confused: so it will flatten my battery? or would i have to wire it another way so it wouldnt???

chris

gazjones

thats ok mate you sholud also be able to squezze the amp wire through the same gromet as your foglight wire ive got boost gauge pipe and amp wire through mine!

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
wow that looks a big job:( i wouldnt have to pull all of the interior up like that would i? its just a boxed sub with an amp built in gather jsut a power wire down one side and the other wire down the other side trough the blanking gromit and onto the battery via the headunit connections??

Last edited:

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
SUB system has changed!!!

well had a change of plan now with the vibe sub, company in town that does audio stuff good bloke brian hopefully getting 2x twelve inch subs in a box with a perspex window, 4 channel amp and some high quality door speakers that sound great! as well as a wiring kit and help to fit it if needed...

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
Audio has arrived!!!

well my stuff arrived yesterday and to my announance there was a big scratch/chip out of the box i ordered:mad: but nicely the bloke who i bought the stuff off saw it first and wouldnt sell me it so has ordered a brand new one for me with apoligies from the supplier...

so i have got the damaged box for now he said set everything up and then when new box arrives just swop it over and jobs a good en:)

now a few questions for people that i really need answering please:

1. where do i earth my sub to??? ive been told to drill a hole in the side off the boot inside and earth it to the piece of metal in between which i thought soudned a bit odd and dodgy from a lad at work suggested it anyone help???

2. Whats best way to wire speakers up in the front of the car do i need to just remove old speakers, replace wiht new ones and use old wiring looms? these speakers have the tweeters included so do i need to remove much to get into them as on my ibiza they are where the wingmirrors are so??? and also whats best place to put the ermm cant think what they are called that helps:censored: wiht these speakers i have the speakers, tweeters and some little boxes with them cant think honest to god what they are called and dont say on box lol but yeh do i just velcrow those inside the door?

I do have a few pictures of the audio stuff but it aint installed or out just in boxes if anyone wants to see???

going to do all wiring through car tomorrow afternoon with a mate and get the bloke who sold stuff to me to connect it all up as he knows where best palce to put them is:)

ALL POSTS ARE WELCOME JUST COULD DO WITH INFORMATION ASAP!!!

i aint thought this through enough:censored: :banghead2:

Last edited:

gazjones

for the earth you can use the lights earthing point in the boot on the drivers side just remove the trim and carpet and you will see it good place to use or there is a large bolt that holds the seat belts to the chasis undo this and trap spade connector in there wont go anywhere either

gazjones

for the speakers i helped maxcars1 out with his install and replaced the tweaters and speakers there is a good set of speaker adapters on ebay for the mk4 about 12 quid remove old speakers by drilling rivets out you may need to modify the wiring ie cut conector off and wire in the speakers, if you have a cross over block there is room at the end of the door under the door pannel next to the door card pocket just drill through the aluminium plate then use self tappers to hold cross over box against the door hope this helps!

Ibiza02

Oct 7, 2006
North East
speaker adapters? do i need those for the speakers like? and what would be best thing for the earth then? dont like sound of the light earth...

gazjones

its fine mate its a screw thread atatched to the car body with a nut on it i would use that i just cxant be bothered to rip interior out again! you need speaker adapters otherwise you wont get speakers to clear the window if you just screw them into the aluminium plate on the door

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise