Ploughing money back into the car...recommend me some things

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Ok, recently got the bug back for the car, so come payday will be doing lots of wee stuff on it but need various recommendations etc...

List of stuff that need/will be done within next couple weeks;

1) Service 007p
2) Refurbing my brembos
3) Wheel refurb (bright hyper silver with white pearl)
4) New SEAT centre caps (genuine)
5) Front bumper respray (new splitter)
6) rear bumper respray
7) Fit my fmic and CAI
8) Turbo back to be bought and fitted.
9) Carpet/seat shampoo
10) Detailed?
11) A new jack.
12) refurb HID ballasts
13) Clean throttle body
14) Get archEnemy to do pull my rear arches
15) Suspension adjustments

I had crash repair work done on my car a few years back and tbh they done a fine job with the paint, so will stick with Nationwide, although £150 for a brush over or £300 for the full front doing. Will be doing brembos myself, but unsure who to use for the wheels.

Can anyone recommend

A low profile jack (my car seriously low)
Good alloy wheel refurbisher (south east)
A good anti brake dust sealent for painted wheels
How much/where to get a carpet shampoo'er cheap
Good suspension company?
Is getting my arches pulled a good idea?

Thanks chaps

big rich

VAG techie
Apr 22, 2011
south yorkshire
Those alloy racing jacks look the shizzle, seriously tempted myself by one as my jack looks like it lifted one car too many.. sealey ones on eBay and I think machine mart do em too.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Way to win help! It's a BH Sunday afterall

Leave your arches alone, you'll regret it in the future when they inevitably will rust (unless you do a really proper job on it)

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Those alloy racing jacks look the shizzle, seriously tempted myself by one as my jack looks like it lifted one car too many.. sealey ones on eBay and I think machine mart do em too.

yeh had a quick scout around, a few on ebay for £40. I only need one cos my car is mega low and im planning on doing my brembos soon, and will also help should i ever get a puncture on the motorway (will keep em on the car at all times. Was told by a few people to NEVER take the jacking covers off due the fact that they will never go back on again....i know this very well as i just had 2 new front tyres and no one could get it back on. Had to find a garage with a ramp and the side skirt was prized back then the cover rammed in....loooool

Way to win help! It's a BH Sunday afterall

Leave your arches alone, you'll regret it in the future when they inevitably will rust (unless you do a really proper job on it)

well wasnt gonna 'lose out' by posting it. 29 views but not one comment?

I had no idea they rust. Why is that? Was warned the paint may crack though. But this is 2012 surely techniques have moved on some?

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The question is have you decided which turbo back to go for yet? Still thinking Cobra?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
well it is still if im honest, but i really need to see if there are any gains with this exhaust. Everyother one for the LCR is tried and tested and this isnt just yet.....a lot of folks happy with the noise, but ive yet to hear 1 person say "my car absolutely flies now with this exhaust".....

get what i mean? ;-)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.