Got my roll cage back from the powder coaters ***PICS***

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
Bought the cage from revokev, went and picked it up on friday. Looked sweet when i brought it back, but i always intended on having it powder coated to make it look like new again. I had to grind down some brackets so it was all smooth, so i did that and smoothed itall off before i sent it.

The results....
Absolutely stunning :D Couldnt be happier with it.

Thanks to Kev for giving me the cage and Darren, who will never be on here cos he drives an MGzr but thanks to him as well for doing the powder coating for me :D

Few pics of the before and after for you...
Im not sure how its gonna fit in the car at the minute, as the legs nearer the front seem wider than the actual space inside the car.
May have to trim the feet a little bit at a guess

Anyway, the pics :)

First got it

68675017hy5.jpg

15eh0.jpg

The journey home in the car

42405683nt0.jpg

46475848an0.jpg

Grinding the brackets off

25527519jk9.jpg

85587341gu3.jpg

71488264nb5.jpg

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it fits fine, you just need to remove the door cards :)

Looks good now it's been painted though

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
its not the door cards that are in the way, its down by the floor whereits struggling to fit... ive not really looked at fitting it yet tho, so it may just need the seat belt rails removing which will happen when the buckets go in anyway. Kev said it would flex into place......!? We tried and failed...

Thanks tho, im really impressed with it, looks spot on :D

EDIT: Its a proper roll cage, but bolt in

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The Plates were made for the BIG plates that needed to be welded to the car

can't find any pics off hand though

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
go on top of small towers (plates on top) dont they ? or was that just one the track day mk3's ?

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
The rear triangulation will flex to a certain extent but not by much.

I'd start off with the B pillar mounts first, make up & weld in the plates(dont torch your fuel lines!!:doh:) bolt it up making sure its sitting straight then fabricate the C pillar mounts

When your done, get it recoated as it will get scratched

Have fun:)

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Saul had some plates made up similar to those that stu attached but he had the cage modified as well (if my memory serves me correct). Can't remember what he had done though. It was in the Cordy with no rear door cards and the the seatbelt mounts bolted to the cage.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise