Leon through car wash!

ajfoggy

Now i would never normally do this but i need my car cleaned and haven't got time, so i thought i would give that new BP cash wash a go.

Having bought my ticket i went to remove my ariel and you can't take it off!

So how the hell do you take a leon through the car wash with the ariel on???

And I know it shouldn't be going through the car wash but needs must.

Anyone??

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I would just leave it on (not that i'm ever going to put it in a car wash!) the removing of aireals to me leads from a time when they were long chrome things sticking on the car about 4 foot long.

In answer to you question though - a hard tug will pull it off ;)

ajfoggy

but by my impression is that once you unscrew it it should lay down flat for this exact reason

I thought that but just wanted to see if anyone else had done it before, i might just trying washing it myself in the dark instead, at least that way the worst would be a few dirty spots.

Although the neighbours already think i'm mad it the amount i clean it. If I hear "There will be no paint left on that car" one more time, or "you can clean mine when you finish that", i don't think so it's taken me 5 hours!!!

DaveI

Oct 5, 2007
As others have said, unscrew it enough to lay it flat then tighten it back up slightly.

Took mine through the car wash for the first time yesterday :redface:

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
It does lay flat and it also does come off, but you have to pull it quite hard... Ooo-errr...

Trying not to be the Carwash Police here... but I definitely wouldn't take a car of mine near a carwash... If you do use a carwash, the next time the sun is out you will quite likely see why so many of us spit at the mention of them!

I hate seeing my car dirty but I would rather have a mucky car than go through a carwash... And coming from a self confessed OCD car cleaner thats saying something!

Last edited:

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Personally i would rather let the KIDS wash mine(not)...and all car wash machines should have this sign..........WARNING THIS MACHINE WILL DAMAGE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!only use if u drive a scrapper, or if you are a lazy git:lol:

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I've avoided car washes for the last 10 years with my own car and made the mistake of using a jet wash on my Black Cupra. NEVER again... ended up with swirls all over the car. [:@]

So I'd avoid jet washes too, pity this is the way that I think the stealer washes your car afters its been in to get work done.

s3atl3onFR

Jul 14, 2007
You sure you've not a local hand carwash place you can take toyr car too instead. Large supermarkets sometimes have them around the parking area. This is probably better than the machines if you choose not to wash it yourself.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Swirls ?

Phil 3012,

When you mentioned the "Swirls" after the jetwash, - was that after using the dreaded "Brush" ?

I use a really good high pressure jetwash on mine (good pressure, lots of lovely foam) at the local BP jetwash, but then sponge it down in stereo with the lance. Just rinse off with the clean water lance at the end...

This works a treat and no swirls on my Black magic TFSi.

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
One more for the banning of all carwashes!!!!! It does however mean far more works for those of us that can perform correction detailing but I must accept some people will still use them!!

To the OP on here , it probably is better off doing it yourself mate, maybe suggest a good outside light?

MatthewB

Oct 14, 2007
When I'm too lazy or it's too cold out I take mine to the local Albanian hand car wash. For £5 they use Autoglym products, a lambswool mitt, a pressure washer (not too high pressure) and a chamois. The wheels get a proper clean too. Beats a carwash any day, they even lay on free tea and coffee!

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Sponge wash...

So Flak Munky...

What's wrong with my lovely new sponge ?

:cry:

I don't get any marks or scratches (thorough jet wash first) and I dry off with AutoGlym Autodry artificial Chamois leather, which lasts years, leaves no bits or marks, and is fully washable. I have 6 of em ! :D

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.