1st Year Service - opinions needed!

DanTheSeatMan

Jan 31, 2007
Hey guys don't flame me for not searching but I just wanted quick current opinions on this.

- I have a 1.4 DAB Petrol and it is coming up for its 1st year service in a couple of weeks.

- Seat want £145 for their "Safety Inspection and Oil change"
- Volkswagen want £99 for a Lube Service (basically just and oil change etc)

- I am looking to trade the car in in 6 months(so it would be 1.5 years old for an old shape leon.

With that in mind what would be the best one to go for? Would choosing the VW service devalue the trade-in price of the car? Or is it worth paying an extra £46 for the SEAT stamp?

Cheers

Dan

Deleted member 13581

It doesnt matter where the service is done.

As long as the centre is VAT registered and uses original parts.

Deleted member 19188

My Ibiza 1.9 TDi is due it's first service in about 10 days (only 7500 miles in the first year) and my dealer has quoted £179 for it, so your prices are cheap (unless diesel servicing is more expensive).

:cry:

Fleggy

Jul 22, 2007
Teesside
(unless diesel servicing is more expensive)

Diesels are more expensive, i think my 1st service was around about that and my 2nd service was supposed to be £205 but i got it down to £175 in the end. Its shocking really when you think about what they actually do its nothing at all.

DanTheSeatMan

Jan 31, 2007
haha tell me about it, it is a total rip.

In that case then I will just take it to my local mechanic then. Any other opinions are welcome.

I dont wanna pay less and find out that I could have done with that magic "seat" stamp. but I dont want to pay more either... in fact Id rather not pay at all! :(

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
haha tell me about it, it is a total rip.

In that case then I will just take it to my local mechanic then. Any other opinions are welcome.

I dont wanna pay less and find out that I could have done with that magic "seat" stamp. but I dont want to pay more either... in fact Id rather not pay at all! :(

As a potential purchaser of a car as long as it had a FSH with stamps and receipts to show the work undertaken; that is as good as a FSSH imo.

I trust my local indy more than my local stealer ;)

As for TDIs more expensive in servicing - that's a wrong assumption! When Liz had a Ka 1.3 the last two services cost more than my Tolly TDI did (same garage did both cars). One of her services cost more than 2 of mine!

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
im sure my local stealers said £125 for the 1st service when i asked yesterday.

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
my car is over due by 4000 miles for its service :cry: i dont know how much it will cost. i want the seat stamp, but dont mind getting it serviced by another (non) seat garage. i think it will be its third service! :(