VCDS - How To Guides

leongone

Oct 1, 2017
VCDS version?

Can anyone pls confirm if VCDS 14.10 will work on a 2016 5F before I upgrade if required.

Thanks

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Can anyone pls confirm if VCDS 14.10 will work on a 2016 5F before I upgrade if required.

Thanks

It has most but not all of the files for the long code helper, so you're moving bytes and bits blindly there, which is no problem if you have a guide to follow.

FWIW, I have been using 12.12 with my 2015 Cupra with no issues other than some blind coding, and a friend's 16.8 from time to time, but even that one doesn't have all the files for long coding.

leongone

Oct 1, 2017
It has most but not all of the files for the long code helper, so you're moving bytes and bits blindly there, which is no problem if you have a guide to follow.

FWIW, I have been using 12.12 with my 2015 Cupra with no issues other than some blind coding, and a friend's 16.8 from time to time, but even that one doesn't have all the files for long coding.

biz0n

Aug 7, 2017
Poland/Zabrze
Ambient color add/change

Hello all :)
I write shortly how to change/add ambient door colors.
I used VCP but probably it’s also possible via VCDS.
See here (sorry i couldn't add link) ahttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B769WeMSxQHqekhWbWZtRmxnR1U/view?usp=sharing

Deleted member 103408

thanks for this i presume this is for facelift cars only

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Afternoon All,

When I try to apply long coding changes it says it has done it, but when I go back in the value is back to what it was. Any ideas?

Matt