Leon mk3 extras ? advice please

Smeghead

Dec 29, 2017
www.cbafinancials.co.uk
Hi All
I am in the process of configuring a new leon fr 184 tdi.
Are there any optional extras you wish you added (or were added) to your car ?
And,
Are there any extras added that you don’t use / find useless ?
Many thanks for your help
Chris

budge

Dec 6, 2017
Extras

Hi Chris

i have a 184 with lots of extras but the best by far is the "adaptive cruise control" In this mode the car will almost drive itself.

To start with you will have a trust issue but get over that and it's great:p

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
hi chris.budge is right,the adaptive cruise is awesome.i don't have it on mine but had it on my previous golf.the car will automatically brake and speed back up to your set cruise speed.i thought it was standard when I ordered my 184 but quickly found out it wasn't but don't do a lot of motorway driving so its not gonna kill me lol!!!!.
the wireless charger is usefull.
the fr model is very highly kitted out as standard anyway so shouldn't imagine theres too much left apart from the heated seats etc.
good choice on engine lol!!!

weasley

May 19, 2017
South Oxfordshire
I don’t usually pay out for options, but having experienced ACC in another car I might just tick that box on my next one. And a heated windscreen.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I don’t usually pay out for options, but having experienced ACC in another car I might just tick that box on my next one. And a heated windscreen.

Didn't realize the heated windscreen was available?

Heated seats are useful. Didn't add them to my current car, but after 2 months in a courtesy car with them i realised just how useful they were :) Added them to my next order.

The upgraded sound package is another one, again having been without I can certainly tell the difference.

Not sure what comes as standard on the FR trim but the parking aids (not necessarily the camera pack) but the front and rears are useful.

Last edited:

LondonPirata

Jun 10, 2017
NW London
my order

I ordered the xcellence ST model cause it had a lot of kit as standard over the FR. I found the handling for my kind of driving more than adequate, in fact i was glad it wasnt as hard as in my previous FR mK2. The extras i did add was electric seats, rear camera and spare wheel. Regretted not ordering the upgraded stereo and boot divider net.(later can only be order from new, no post fit possible.) The camera has been a little disappointing as the grid lines do not turn with the wheel. The electric adjustable and heated seats are worth it at £300 on the xcellence. the Keyless entry is handy too. Sadly a remote opening boot is not available as on the skoda octavia. I found that turning the heated seats on everytime i get in the car another chore to add to the list of things we have to do now days before we even set of on a journey. UK weather usually reliably cold in the mornings for almost 6 months of the year! The other options were either out of my budget or playthings i wasnt interested in. hope that helps:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.