Cobra Exhaust 3" Downpipe

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Fitted my Cobra 3" Turbo back about a month ago now, the sound is great the only thing ruining it at the moment is that its blowing at the turbo, Ive used the gasket that came with the exhaust and then purchased another different style and it is still blowing. Anyone else had this issue.
Would like to get it sorted ASAP as the fumes in the cab are killing me lol.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks! :)

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
Hi All,

Fitted my Cobra 3" Turbo back about a month ago now, the sound is great the only thing ruining it at the moment is that its blowing at the turbo, Ive used the gasket that came with the exhaust and then purchased another different style and it is still blowing. Anyone else had this issue.
Would like to get it sorted ASAP as the fumes in the cab are killing me lol.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks! :)
Hello mate did you ever work out what's causing this ? I've got the exact same issue but in a 2.5 inch with sports car it's blown three gaskets at the turbo end. And likewise the fumes are toxic

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello mate did you ever work out what's causing this ? I've got the exact same issue but in a 2.5 inch with sports car it's blown three gaskets at the turbo end. And likewise the fumes are toxic

Hi Mate,

Still got a slight leak but will be sorting it 100% this week, basically down to the lack of space to tighten the nuts properly. plus i reused the nuts that was on the turbo already which turned out to not be the proper ones. this is whats causing the leak as they are working loose.

Ive ordered the proper turbo nuts for the car which have a little ovalated bit on the back so they lock down and dont come loose with vibrations. they cost £17 for 3. saft money but needs must also got a new gasket coming from Cobra.

00lafleur

Jan 29, 2017
Cheers mate i called Cobra and they weren't interested unless I drove up to them in Essex but I'm getting the exhaust downpipe machined levelled and then a seat gasket put on on Friday and see what happens I will mention the bolts though that's a good shout

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
Cheers mate i called Cobra and they weren't interested unless I drove up to them in Essex but I'm getting the exhaust downpipe machined levelled and then a seat gasket put on on Friday and see what happens I will mention the bolts though that's a good shout

Really? Cobra seemed really good with me. Sent me my first replacement gasket free of charge took a while to come though, spoke to them today for another replacement and they said they will send one out and i should have it this week.
Yeah defo mention the nuts being used. mine were literally free spinning when i checked and i know when it was put on they was as tight as they could go. So they had just worked loose with vibrations.
The P/N for the ones ive got is...
N 903 690 01
and you need 3 of them

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.