White smoke on idle

Goodall

Nov 10, 2016
A mechanic has looked at the car today and said he doesn't think it's the turbo, he wants to do a pressure test on the head Friday morning, he said the revs seem to drop slightly as the smoke starts whilst ticking over.. car still runs perfectly and doesn't smoke whilst running.

Last edited:

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
Mine did this when the turbo seals went and I bought and eBay turbo and that was shite too then bought an oem onefrom turbo dynamics

Sent from my RAINBOW using Tapatalk

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
I went to Midlands Vw in the end and they looked it over and said it was also dumping a lot of oil into the exhaust so was using a lot of oil

Goodall

Nov 10, 2016
So if I take exhaust off and see signs of oil this would point straight to turbo seal failure?

Goodall

Nov 10, 2016
I've looked in the top intercooler pipe and only has a slight bit of oil in the pipe

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
Tbf mine wouldn't boost after a while and would just backfire when I tried to hit boost

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
if you need a turbo mate let us know, sure I have one around for your engine Ive got the same ko3s,still have the same box ive all the paper wk also ....fitted it few yrs ago but then brought a hybrid.
send us a pm if your interested and i can give you some more info ?

Reactions: CPTHEBOY84

CPTHEBOY84

Sep 24, 2019
SCOTLAND
if you need a turbo mate let us know, sure I have one around for your engine Ive got the same ko3s,still have the same box ive all the paper wk also ....fitted it few yrs ago but then brought a hybrid.
send us a pm if your interested and i can give you some more info ?
Still got that turbo mate ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise