Restricted proformance

Lukeeccles

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys. I have had an engine ecu update this morning to stage 1. when testing it afterwards it drove fine for a few mile without putting my foot down. I then accelerated to test the update and noticed an obvious difference in increased performance. after letting my foot off the power I then had no power again afterwards when trying to accelerate. you can feel the engine hesitating as if it was juddering and lacking power. also had an eggy smell from the exhaust. any ideas as to what could cause this?

Lukeeccles

Jan 3, 2018
Alright mate, There are no lights on the dash, had no fault codes stored. I have tried fitting new spark plugs and still the same. It feels like it being starved of air or fuel possibly.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
If this has all happened the same day as the mapping occurred I’d be inclined to go strait back there and ask some questions.
Presume you had a smoke test before the map?
If so, it’s not likely leaking pipe work.
Failed coil pack sounds like a v8!
Engine only fires on 3 cylinders you won’t get any power, makes a racket and you can hear it misfiring.
Usually get an engine warning light up if they fail so may not be that.
I’d defo go back to the garage who mapped it first as they may have seen your problem before on others.
Worth a punt.
By the way who mapped it and what figures did you achieve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro